II. Getting Ready For School

Chapter 2, Getting Ready For School
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Can you like, do that thing with my eyebrows with those chopsticks? "

~ Jaden's POV ~

My alarm woke me up, oh how two weeks flew by fast.
I yawned and rubbed my eyes, I looked at my phone and noticed that I was no longer on face time.

I sat up and grabbed my phone, I clicked on the FaceTime icon and clicked 'Scar 🦁', it rung three times before she answered.
Scarlett and I had an inside joke, which was she was Scar and I was Mufasa.

The only reason for those nicknames is because she enjoyed the Lion King and I however enjoyed Sandlot, she came to the conclusion that this was the best nickname knowing it would confuse me into watching the movie.
Very clever Scarlett, very clever indeed.

"Good morning Scar."

I said as I walked to the bathroom, turning on the lights and closing the door.
Scarlett was sitting at her vanity as she did some make up, I brushed my teeth.

"Good morning love."

She replied as she finished doing her mascara, I walked out of the bathroom.
I grabbed the outfit that was matching hers and started to put it on, my phone was on pause so I didn't reveal anything.

I brushed my hair and put on a matching hat with Scarlett, she wanted us going all out because it was so cute.
It was but I wasn't about to tell her that, I was still exhausted so I was doing everything with my eyes closed.

Jaden and Scarlett's matching Outfits

    I put on my sneakers and grabbed my bookbag from downstairs, I grabbed my phone and hung up

I placed my phone in my pocket and grabbed an apple, I was going to buy lunch at the store near the school with Scarlett.

I waited for Javon and Layla outside, Scarlett was inside trying to find her white bucket hat.
As I was waiting I noticed a girl coming from her house, I ignored it and continued to look through my Instagram.

"She looks chill, think she goes to our school?"

I dropped my phone and put my hand in a karate chop stance as Scarlett erupts in a fit of laughter, I looked at her with my hand on heart.
I grabbed my phone from the ground and for got up, I rolled my eyes playfully before kissing her forehead.

"That isn't funny you little she-devil."

I muttered as I hugged her tightly, she was talking about the girl that left her house.
Chances are she does go to our school, we'll find out anyways since Javon and Layla finally came out.

We got into the car, I was passenger while Javon and Layla were back seat.
I put my seatbelt on and looked out of the window, I closed my eyes and try to go back to sleep.

Soon I felt Scarlett slow the car down, she parked and tapped my shoulder.
I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car, I walked to the store with Scarlett and bought our lunches before walking inside the school.

Her hair was in a ponytail, we got to our lockers and put all the things we didn't need for today away.
I kissed her good luck and walked to my homeroom, this year we didn't have the same home room but some classes together.

I met up with Jaysean since we had to same homeroom and started catching up with different things, we haven't spoken much since baseball.
But we still hang out and speak to each other every now and then, soon the bell rang and we went our separate ways.

I had history first, I usually slept through it though considering the teacher was very old and she didn't care about what we were doing unless it was illegal and inappropriate.
I laid my head down and closed my eyes, I napped through the whole thing until the bell rang.

Next I had art, something I liked a lot.
As I arrived to class I noticed the girl from this morning was there, I sat down at a table and watched as Scarlett walked over happily.

"Look she's here! She's so pretty!"

Scarlett squealed, I chuckled at her excitement and encouraged her to go talk to the new girl.
Which she did, leaving me alone with my thoughts which didn't make any sense really.

Soon she came back with the new girl with a smile so big, she was practically beaming.

"This is Xiomara, she's new to to the whole Georgia!"

Scarlett said happily, I smiled at the new girl.
Scarlett sat beside me, I was on my phone looking at myself in the camera when I looked at my eyebrows.

" Can you like, do that thing with my eyebrows with those chopsticks? "

I asked as I looked up, Scarlett looked at me and laughed.

"Pincers? Yeah, I'll do them right now."

She answered as she dug through her book bag, she brought out the pincers and began to take out the out of place eyebrow hair.

It hurt a lot but, Scarlett wouldn't care because she always beg to do them.
Once she finished, my eyebrows were in pain, never again.