XVII. Watch My Heart Burn

Chapter 17, Watch My Heart Burn
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " One minute he needs me and the next, the next I'm nothing to him. "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

     When the party finished, if was night and the air was freezing cold.
  Xiomara got a ride with Jaysean, I had to ditch her so that she can go with him alone.

  I was standing in the hallway, waiting for my dad's text when I heard doors open.
  Jaden and Meredith walk out laughing together, I sighed and decided to walk out of the school.

  I didn't care about freezing to death, I just wanted to be away from him for now.
  Once I got outside, the cool breeze hit me harder than a bus and I didn't even have a jacket.

   I didn't want to be a third wheel but in seriously reconsidering not getting in that warm car with Jaysean and Xiomara, just my luck, it began to rain.
  I was mentally cursing at myself, I began to walk home.

  I stopped for a moment to catch my breath, I felt something warm wrap itself around me.
  It would be low-key funny if I'm getting kidnapped, like I could just turn around and ask if they want girl scout cookies.

  "Relax it's just me."

  I turned around and noticed it was Jaden, he had put his jacket on me.
  He grabbed my hand and led me to his car, I didn't want to wet his seat so I just stared at him with a blank expression.

  "Get inside, seats dry up."

  He urged me to get in, I nodded and got into the car because I'm freezing, tired and wet.
  Once Jaden entered the car, he turned on the heater and began to play some music.

   "This doesn't really seem like we're on a break, does it?"

   He asked as his eyes were focused on the road, I laughed a bit and shook my head.
  It really didn't seem like we were on a break because we couldn't be distanced from each other for long, but I'm still not allowing him back.

  "Thanks for the ride, I'll see you on Monday."

   I thanked Jaden and quickly got out of his car before he tried to make a move on me, I smiled to myself as I entered my house soaked and happy.
  My dad was passed out on the couch with Alana on top of him, they fell asleep while watching a movie.

   I walked upstairs and removed my costume, I took a deep breath and entered the shower.
  The warm water hitting my very cold skin was refreshing, it sent goosebumps and shivers down my spine which I always liked.

  When I finished my shower, I was still exhausted but more refreshed.
  I changed into an oversized shirt and placed my hair behind my shoulders, I walked to my bed and laid down.

  I turned on my LEDs and got under the covers, I wasn't exactly tired now.
  I hate whenever I'm so tired and the minute my head hits the pillow, I'm wide awake like how does that work?

   So I decided to go on Instagram, nobody was posting and barely anyone was live.
  I didn't want to text anyone because I felt like they would be asleep now and then pull an all nighter tomorrow.

  There was a knock on my window, I looked towards and smiled.
  It was Cora, I haven't spoken to her in forever since she was busy with college and her girlfriend.

  I got up from bed and unlocked the window, I watched as Cora walked in.
  I looked outside to see if Jayla would be following but nope, just Cora which I'm fine with.

   "Did you and Jaden break up?"

   Cora asked, I looked at her confused, I had filled her in on everything.
  I shook my head and I watched the color drain from her face, she bit her lip and looked away from me.

   "What are you not telling me Corazon?"

  I asked suspiciously, something must have happened because she never hesitated to tell me.
  Cora walked over to me and sat me down on her bed, I looked at her with the confused look as she took her phone out.

    Cora went onto Instagram and put in a random username, I didn't recognize it until I saw the photo posted.
  My heart dropped to my feet, I looked at her and felt tears at the peak of falling.

  @ RubberDuckJay Posted!

      Liked by MerryGoRound and 1

      Liked by MerryGoRound and 1.2K more
  RubberDuckJay: Whoops 😬
   Tagged: MerryGoRound

         User Disabled Comments.

   I felt tears drop from my eyes and fell down to my thighs, I looked at Cora who turned her phone off and grabbed me.
  She held onto as I quietly and softly, sobbed into her shoulder.

  "Breathe, just breathe."

  She cooed as she noticed my breath began to hitch, but I couldn't breathe.
  He was Ross, he did a Ross, he hurt me like how Ross hurt Rachel.

  " One minute he needs me and the next, the next I'm nothing to him. "

  I blubbered, I wiped my tears off of my wet face as they were being replaced by new ones.
  Cora nodded and laid down as she pulled me onto her, I held onto her tightly as if she would disappear from me.

   "I got you, I'm here."

    She whispered softly into my ear as she tried to calm me down, I looked at her and nodded as I slowed down my crying.
  Yawns were slipping out of my mouth really fast, I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

    The last thing I saw in my mind was the photo, I hated that photo and I hated the both of the people in the photo.
  They were going to know it, they better know it, they deserve to know it.

    But first, let me cry all of my feelings out so that on Monday I have no energy to cry but have a lot of energy to be disrespectful, sarcastic and petty.
  That's how I was, that's how we all were.

  By all I mean girls and women, it's in our blood and genes.