XV. Dress Shopping

Chapter 15, Dress Shopping
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Boys are weird, that's why they're called boys and not men. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

The day was dragging and I was exhausted already, once the bell rang to go home, I didn't hesitate to grab my stuff and run out.
I didn't want to bump into anyone which was why I decided to run out, once I got outside of the school, I decided to wait for Xiomara so she can walk home with me.

When she finally came out, she was walking with Jaysean and she was smiling from ear to ear.
I watched as the exchanged phone numbers and then walk away but not without giving each other a goodbye hug, I felt like a proud mother.

Xiomara noticed me and she looked embarrassed, I laughed at her face and we began to walk to my house.
That's when I decided to tell her everything that was going on, she hugged me tightly when she found out that Jaden and I were on a break.

Although we were on a break since this morning, I was already over it.
But I wanted to show him that I could be perfectly fine without him since he seemed to be find without me, but I can't lie, it was killing me.

As we entered the house, Alana and my father were on the couch.
They looked up and smiled at the both us, they already knew who Xiomara was since I was always over at her house or calling her.

"We should go dress shopping!"

Alana exclaimed as she got up, the idea popped in her head and she decided to say it out loud.
Nobody was talking so it looked a little crazy, but then again dress shopping could take my mind off of the whole taking a break thing.

"Alright, yeah let's go!"

I smiled, Xiomara looked at us with an uneasy look.
I looked at and grabbed her hand, I pulled her into the kitchen and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"What's wrong Mars? Don't you want to go with us for dress shopping?"

I asked quietly in case something happened and she was either ashamed or embarrassed of it.
Xiomara looked at me and played with a strand of her curls as she bit her lip, it was an uneasy lip bite.

"It's not that, it's just.. I don't have any money.."

Xiomara responded silently, I looked at her and smiled softly.

"I'll pay for you, god you had me worried."

I replied as I grabbed her hand and walked back to the living room, we left the house and walked to the car.
As we got into the car, I buckled my seatbelt and began to fill Alana in on everything.

" Boys are weird, that's why they're called boys and not men. "

Alana spoke, I laughed at the sentence and smiled as she pulled into the mall's parking lot.
We got out the car and walked inside, quickly rushing over to different stores to try on different dresses.

"We should host a Halloween party, wouldn't that be cool?"

I suggested as I got inside of the fitting room, I changed into a gorgeous dress.
It fit me nicely but it wasn't my type of dress, I took it off and put on a different one.

"Actually the school's hosting one, should we go?"

Xiomara asked, we stepped out of the fitting room and looked at each other.
The dress was nice but I could tell she didn't like it, she saw the same thing in me and we decided to switch dresses.

"Yeah, we can go together. If you'd like to go with me."

I answered, Xiomara looked at me with raised eyebrows before she started laughing.

"Are you asking me to be your date to the dance?"

Xiomara asked, I looked at her smiled shyly and nodded.
We both smiled at each other and decided to go shopping for some Halloween costumes, we wanted something super cute but nothing inappropriate.

Xiomara and Scarlett's Costumes

   "I remember being a little girl scout!"

I gushed as we stepped out of the fitting room with the costumes, Xiomara looked at me and smiled.
Xiomara didn't get a chance to try out for anything really, she's been focused on school and if not that then it would be her sister or abuela.

"You weren't missing out, I promise you."

I reassured her, which was true because everytime I sold cookies there would always be a weird man trying to get me inside of his house.
Boys and men are so weird, but oh well.

"Girls we're leaving, I hope you found everything you've been looking for."

Alana told us, we both nodded and decided to pay for the dresses that we found last minute for the costumes.
We left the mall and got in the car as we began to jam out to Gracie Abrams and Lorde, I love these jam sessions.

My friends and family always knew how and when to cheer me up, even when I believed it was impossible.
I thank them for everything, they're truly the best and that was a definite fact.

"Call me if he bothers you, you know projects love you!"

Xiomara shouted as she got out the car and walked to her building, I laughed and nodded as we blew kisses to each other.
I sighed as I watched her figure disappear, I can't wait for the Halloween party now.