LXIII. Astronomy

Chapter 63, Astronomy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I knew you were white but damn kid, I didn't know you were white. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"Well we did move, so obviously it's gonna be weird not seeing me next door Scar."

Jaden informed me in a duh like tone, about a week prior to yesterday, Jaden and his family moved about two blocks from here and I wasn't used to it yet.
I understand that they moved and I won't be able to see him next door but damn, you ain't gotta be blunt like that bestie.

"No duh Sherlock, thanks for solving the mystery."

I sassed him back as I sat up from my bed, Jaden looked at me as he chuckled before sitting up and grabbing my hand.
Literally in about two weeks from now was the wedding and I was just now getting nervous about it, my dad would be marrying another woman and I didn't know if I was ready for that commitment.

"You're thinking too hard, just relax your mind and breathe for a moment."

Jaden advised as he stood up from my bed and looked at himself in the mirror, this kid was always checking himself out in any type of mirror.
Well let me not talk, I'll check myself out and call myself hot even though it's true.

I didn't want to stay home anymore, I wanted to do something for the day so I grabbed his hand and walked him outside.

"I'm gonna change and then we're going to an awesome Korean restaurant."

I told him before walking into my room and closing the door, I made sure the door was locked to prevent any mistakes or accidents.
My mind ran loosely as I searched for an outfit and there was nothing I could do to calm it, I was happy for my dad but maybe I didn't want a stepmom.

Although Alana is an amazing mother to me, I just don't want to go through what I went through last time.
There were nights were I would wake up to sobs coming from my dad's room, I opened the door slightly to see him cry as he looked at a photo of my mother and I.

He did divorce her out of losing feelings but he missed her, it was normal for people who were attached.
My dad believed they were soulmates but losing feelings for each other wasn't the only reason why they broke up, they divorced because of how controlling she was getting.

At the time I had zero clue because my dad covered it up so well, but I caught the hint after he would apologize for simple mistakes.
I didn't love my mother any less until the last year and I know I shouldn't, but I hate her and nobody can convince me otherwise.

As I looked through my closet, I grabbed a random outfit and changed into it before walking over to my vanity and doing my makeup.
I looked at another Polaroid of Jaden and I which was recently taken, I smiled at how happy we are together and how happy he looked with me in the photo.

Scarlett's Outfit

      I brushed my hair and did two French braids but allowed my little pig tail parts loose, I thought the outfit and hair looked good together

After checking myself out in the mirror, I walked downstairs and smiled at the sight of Jaden talking to Alana.

"Well then if it's your favorite kind of dessert, get it. It's your wedding anyways."

Jaden told her, I stifled my laughter as he looked uneasy as if he had said the wrong thing.
Before anymore conversation could happen, I walked over to him and grabbed his hand.

"So, are we just not gonna talk about what dress you're gonna wear?"

Jaden broke the silence as we walked to the Korean restaurant, I looked at him confusingly and remembered that I was the bridesmaid.
I already had the dress I needed, but I did want to match with Jaden.

"Aren't you a bridesmaid? I'm one of the groomsmen."

I looked at him to see if he was joking which he was not, he had a stern look on his face which most found intimidating but I didn't.
Okay that's a lie, at first I thought he wanted to hit me with a bat when we had first had our conversation.

"Well I'll send you a photo of the dress and then we can speak about matching, sound good?"

I asked as we arrived to the restaurant, it smelled so good that it was like I was in heaven.
We had taken a booth which was superior to all seats in every single restaurant, argue with the wall if you disagree or better yet, argue with Jaden.

"What the hell is this?"

Jaden asked as he pointed to a photo with Kimchi, I looked at him and pursed my lips together so I wouldn't laugh but it didn't work.
Instead, I laughed a bit hard at him and caught wind of his face which was even more hilarious.

My insides were aching by the time I finished and I know I should've been nicer and tell him what it was but almost everyone in the universe knows what Kimchi is.

" I knew you were white but damn kid, I didn't know you were white. "

I joked before telling him what all of the foods were.

When we finished eating, we walked to his house but instead we stood outside.
I laid on the grassy lawn of his and watched as the clouds moved, enjoying the colors the sky was making as the sun set.

"Look how beautiful the colors are."

I pointed out to the now cotton candy color sky, Jaden just hummed in response earning a glance from me.
Instead of paying attention to the sky, his focus was all on me which was something I wasn't used to.

When the sun was gone and the stars popped out, we held hands and stargazed.
I felt like my life was a whole movie or a Netflix TV show even, I just didn't believe that I was getting what I wanted and who I wanted without any struggle.

Well I did go through some struggle but it didn't matter, I still got who I wanted and the life I wanted to make me happy.
As we stargazed, I just imagined the song 'Astronomy' by Conan Gray playing in the background which was cliché but also cute.

We've travelled the seas, we've ridden the stars.
We've seen everything, from Saturn to Mars.

As we occasionally looked at one another to make sure we were okay, I pecked his lips and laid on his chest.
There was nothing more that I wanted, Alana's stomach was also getting big might I add.

She was pregnant in May, it was now the middle of June and she was slowing gaining the baby bump.
But we still didn't know how many were in there or the gender, so for now she was just the hot baby mama..

Off topic sorry, I found myself Daydreaming about Jaden a lot every so often.
At a certain point, I had looked up at him and he was already looking down at me.

I moved my head up a bit and kissed him gently as he wrapped his arms around my waist, he smelled really good.
At that moment I knew I had found my soulmate, but I wouldn't tell him that.

Not yet, anyways.

As much as it seems like you own my heart, it's astronomy, we're two worlds apart....