LVIII. Laying Her Down To Rest

Chapter 58, Laying Her Down To Rest
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" She was a better mother than you and don't you dare speak to my father like that, he came back for us. Not you. Him. "

~ Xiomara's POV ~

It's been two weeks, we told Rosa in a gentle way and she took it hard.
Now we're in the car getting ready for her burial, I wasn't ready to lay her down to rest but I couldn't keep her up here forever.

She was an amazing abuela, she cooked my favorite meals and watched all my favorite movies and shows.
My abuela was my mother and even if she didn't birth me, she made me feel like I was her biological child.

So as we arrived to the burial site, I couldn't contain my tears anymore.
I let it all out as my dad got out the car and walked over to my side, pulling me into a hug.

I composed myself and got out of the car, holding Rosa's hand.
We walked to where her spot is and greeted everyone, I hugged Scarlett and didn't let go.

Scarlett began to cry hard because she loved my abuela and my abuela loved her, it was hard on everyone actually.
I wanted to just pull my hair out and scream as loud as I could but I couldn't, I wanted to be strong for myself and sister.

Soon we watched as her casket was slowly put into the ground but before they put her all the way down, I placed a rose on her casket and blew a kiss.
When she was fully down, I let out a shakey breath and looked at Jaysean who was smiling at me softly.

We placed a bouquet of flowers on her tombstone and walked away to a small building where we were allowed to chat for a bit before leaving, I realized that it wasn't Letí's fault or anyone.
It was my grandmother's time to go and I didn't want to accept that, it was almost impossible for me to accept it.

I sat down on the small couch with Scarlett and Jayla, Cora sat next to Jayla and we comforted each other.
My heart was aching but somehow they always knew how to make it feel better, we spent some time making jokes and lightening the mood.

The mood was immediately dark when my mother walked into the funeral home, I looked at her and looked at Rosa before calling her over to me.
She came over no questions asked but dragged Javon along because she was doing his nails, these two were becoming best friends.

"Can't believe that she actually died, she wasn't a good mother I'm guessing.."

My mother spoke out, my father looked up and locked eyes with her before scoffing.
I looked at the two because of the tension, she walked over to him and stood right in front of him.

"Surprised they let you out of jail and even allowed you near the girls, Alejandro you're not special so do not think you are."

Now that's when I had enough, nobody had done anything to her for to be disrespectful.
I got up from the couch and told Rosa to stay seated with Javon, I walked over to my mother and father.

" She was a better than you and don't you dare speak to my father like that, he came back for us. Not you. Him. "

I retorted as I grabbed my father's hand and looked at my mother, she didn't bother responding.
I understand that it was rude for me to speak like that but my father was the only person to promise to take care of me and my sister.

I watched as she left the funeral home, I kissed my father's cheek and walked back to my sister.
Javon's nails were now a light blue and he was now painting Rosa's nails so they could match, I swear he thinks he's her brother.

"So how are we feeling because next year is our literal last year together and I'm not feeling it."

Scarlett broke the silence as she grabbed Jaden's hand and smiled at him, I shrugged my shoulders because I was nervous.
I mean I didn't think I would actually make it to see the day I get to my last year of highschool, it just doesn't feel right with me.

"Well I'm excited, I just know next year is going to be better than this year and last combined."

Javon said as he began to do a second coat of nail polish on Rosa's let hand, I smiled at the sight.
They were adorable so I'm happy that they're getting along, I have a good friend group with me.

"Sleepover at mine?"

Scarlett asked as we left the funeral home and began to walk to our cars, I looked at her and nodded but just as we were about to get to the car, Javon looked at me.

"BRING ROSA!"

Javon screamed before getting into the car and closing the door, I laughed and got inside of my car.
I put on my seatbelt and asked Rosa if she wants to sleepover at Scarlett's tonight to which she nodded.

I forgot to mention, Rosa has a huge crush on Javon and believe she has a chance with him, I'm not about to tell her that she doesn't have a chance because I have a heart.

So I'll tell Javon about the crush and then spend the whole night pretending Rosa does have a chance because yes.