XXXIII. I'm Still Better

Chapter 33, I'm Still Better
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If you lay another finger on me, I'll chop it off and feed it to you. Respectfully. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"I got a thing for pretty girls and skinny waists."

I began to sing along as I cleaned my room, it was the weekend and I wanted to rearrange my room to my liking.
The song I was singing, which is my favorite song I will always listen to when I'm down or cleaning is 'Girl Of My Dream' by Guti.

As I was cleaning, I got a notification.
I was hesitant to open it but it was just an image from an unknown number, it was an invitation to Samaria's pool party.
It was on Sunday, I smiled and accepted the invite before placing my phone on the charger and searching through my closet.

I found three worthy outfits but I had to choose only one, I was about to make my decision when the window slid open and in came Xiomara.

"If you give Jaden a second chance Scar, you gotta make sure he isn't going to pull the same shenanigans he did last time."

Xiomara warned me as she closed my window, I looked at her with a shocked face.
How did she even find out about this, besides I'm not giving him a second chance, I'm just restarting.

"Okay, hear me out. Would you believe me if-"

"No."

Xiomara cut me off as she walked over to me, I sighed and nodded.

"Fair enough, choose an outfit for me?"

I asked politely, Xiomara nodded and grabbed a light pink swimsuit.
Xiomara was going to speak when the song 'Wanna Love You Girl' by Robin Thicke began to play, I squealed.

"Wanna love you girl, wanna love you, Wana love you girl, wanna love you."

I sang along as I put the other two bathing suit away, Xiomara smile at me and started to sing along with me.
We sounded like dying chickens but we were too busy having fun to notice.

"Stay the night, my dad is taking me to get my piercings tomorrow."

I begged Xiomara as she was headed to the window, she turned around and smiled as she accepted the invite.
We didn't get much sleep last night, so we stood up listening to music and playing dress-up.

"Oh you're telling me, you've never listened to 'Silvertongue' by Young The Giant!?"

I gasped as I clicked on the lyrics and stood up on my bed, I grabbed my brush and began to sing the lyrics.

"Oh girl, I've got that silver tongue! Got that, got that silver, silver tongue!"

I sang aloud to Xiomara, she laughed and joined me on the bed.
We sang along to the lyrics until we got tired.

"Wake up!"

Xiomara shook me awake, I groaned awake as I sat up and rubbed my eyes.
I got up from bed and walked sluggishly to the bathroom, I brushed my teeth and got dressed.

Soon, excitement rushed over me as I realized I would be getting my piercings today.
After we ate breakfast, I was in the car with my father and Xiomara.

Once we got to the shop, I was all jittery.
I'll admit, I was a bit nervous but almost all teenagers have their first or second piercing on their body.
I'm sixteen and decided it would be a nice change, now I'm regretting my life choices as I sit down on the chair.

I'll skip the blood, squeal and hand squeezing to save time.
Now we're back in the car, the pain didn't last as long as I thought it would.

Scarlett's Piercings

   Once we dropped Xiomara off at her house, we drove home

As I got inside, I walked to the kitchen and grabbed an ice pack because it was now the pain was setting in.

I placed the icepack on my belly and laid on the couch, my dad teased me for a bit before kissing my forehead and sitting beside me.

"How come you got a snake?"

He asked as he looked down at my nose piercing, I looked at him and shrugged before I answered his question.

"To remind myself, snakes are everywhere, closer than you think."

I explained myself, he nodded and got up.
Soon, Alana was over and we decided to have a family movie night.

"I'm gonna head to 7/11, do you want anything?"

I asked as I grabbed the keys, they shook their head but I already knew what they were going to want.
I got into the car and drove to the small market, I parked happily and skipped inside.

I had on high-waisted ripped mom jeans and a light washed pink cropped hoodie, I had white vans on with my hair in a low ponytail.
I grabbed the snacks I wanted and set them down on the counter, the cashier was a bit creepy but I didn't want to say anything.

As I handed him my money, he grabbed my hand and smiled slightly before pulling away.
A shiver was sent down my spine before I looked away, when I went to grab the receipt, he tried touching me again.

" If you lay another finger on me, I'll chop it off and feed it to you. Respectfully. "

I threatened as I snatched the receipt from his hand, I grabbed the bag full of snacks and walked out of the store.
For some weird reason, I couldn't stop thinking about Xiomara.

I brushed the feeling off and drove home, it wasn't necessarily a bad gut feeling but just a feeling that wouldn't go away.
But I'm not gonna dwell too much on it, I got home and parked the car.

Walking inside and dropping the snacks off at the counter before walking upstairs, I was exhausted and in pain.
Remind me to never get another piercing, although I do want a tattoo when I'm eighteen.

But let's wait until the time comes, yeah?