XLI. Homecoming

Chapter 41, Homecoming
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" No, actually I don't care. I lost someone that I actually loved to someone who means nothing to me. "

~ Jaden's POV ~

Today was homecoming day, something I was dreading because I wasn't even going with Scarlett.
I groaned and got out of bed, I brushed my teeth and got dressed.

I walked to school and got inside, everyone was silent and there was peace in the air.
After last night with Scarlett, I realized who I wanted and who I wanted to be with for how long the relationship was willing to last.

I stood by my locker and put everything I didn't need inside of it, I looked over my shoulder and watched as Xiomara, Scarlett and Jaysean walked inside of the school.
As she was walking, all I could think of is the song 'The Night We Met' by Lord Huron.

As she walked towards me, I felt my heart drop.
She flashed a smile before walking past me thinking of the chorus of the song.

I had all and then most of you, some and now none of you.

She walked to the cafeteria with me staring as she dispersed from my sight, I didn't even notice Meredith walked over to me until her lips were on mine.
I didn't kiss back, I just walked inside of the cafeteria and sat down.

Every so often, I caught myself staring at Scarlett.
She looked happier without me, I was about to look away when her eyes finally connected with mine.

Take me back to the night we met.

I sighed and looked away, after that, everything was a blur.
The day went by me and I was thankful for that, I couldn't handle anymore of Meredith's nagging.

I walked home and took a shower, washing my hair.
Once I got out, I walked to my closet and pulled out my suit which was still in the covers.

I put on deodorant, cologne and then got dressed.
I didn't want to go to homecoming if it mean that I wouldn't get to go with Scarlett, I'm aware of the mistake I made and I'm fully aware of the fact that it was my fault.

After I got dressed, I walked downstairs were Javon and Layla were taking photos.
Layla wore a sage green dress with Javon matching, they looked real good.

"Y'all look good."

I complimented them sheepishly as I rubbed the back of my neck, Javon smiled and hugged me.
Layla just thanked me softly before grabbing Javon's hand and walking outside, I walked outside in time to see someone walk outside of Scarlett's house with her.

Scarlett's homecoming dress