XXXVII. Homecoming Is Not Giving

Chapter 37, Homecoming Is Not Giving
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  " Best friends who fight together, stay together. Can I get an Amen? "

   ~ Scarlett's POV ~

       After the whole argument, we waited for the school day to end.
  There was no way we were about to fight at seven in the morning, it's too early for that.

   But let me tell you, Xiomara can throw down in a street fight and I had no idea.
  Javon was sitting on the concrete watching us, occasionally cheering us on but he just stared in shock.

    Once it was over and by over I mean when Jaysean, Javon and surprisingly, Jaden pulled us away, we walked home.
  I stood behind because Jade and Meredith were walking to an opposite direction, I wanted to know what they were saying.

      But I decided against it last minute and caught up with the rest of the friend group, I smiled as Jaysean was so shocked that Xiomara could throw down.
  Javon looked at me and spoke out about how fun it was to watch a real fight, he compared it to WWE and said that this was more entertaining.

   "Homecoming is coming up, should we go to the mall and go shopping?"

  Layla asked softly, I looked at her and nodded.
  We all got into my car and drove off to the mall, soon 'Favorite Crime' by Olivia Rodrigo came on.

  "ALL THINGS I DID, JUST SO I COULD CALL YOU MINE!"

   I screamed my heart out at the lyrics while Javon was recording me, I looked at the camera and sung the next lyric.

  "ALL THE THINGS YOU DID, WELL I HOPE I WAS YOUR FAVORITE CRIME."

  I stopped singing as I parked in the parking lot and got out of the car, Xiomara rushed over to me and grabbed my hand.
  We looked at our beaten up knuckles and started to laugh.

" Best friends who fight together, stay together. Can I get an Amen? "

   Xiomara spoke out as we entered the mall, everybody shouted amen.
  Layla, Xiomara and I decided to go for the dresses while Javon and Jaysean ran off to footlocker.

   "Do you think Jaysean will ask me to homecoming?"

   Xiomara asked was we looked through the dress options, nothing capturing our eyes just yet.
  I looked at her and stared for a moment before laughing, was that even a question?

  "Honey if won't then I will, and that's on having a pretty best friend."

   I explained before finding a beautiful dress that Xiomara would look good in, I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the fitting room.
  I handed her the dress and urged her to go inside of the room and try it on, I had an okay sense of style, nothing that flashy.

   "I think this is the one for me, I love how it."

   Xiomara gushed as she opens the door, I stare at her in awe and smiled.
  She indeed, looked amazing and I loved how it hugged her curves.

   "Since I picked your dress, you can pick mine."

   I told her, Xiomara's eyes lit up and quickly ran off to find a dress that she believed would look good on me.
  I was off looking at other dresses when I looked over and saw Meredith, it's cliché how she's everywhere I am.

   I hid behind some dresses as I noticed she was on call, I know that privacy is something that shouldn't be messed with but I am a very nosey person.

  "Yeah, I know. He asked me to homecoming, he's so gullible that it hurts Willow."

   Meredith spoke into her phone, I listened closely and held my breath as her voice grew closer to me.

   "Popularity is what's pulling me, he should've known I didn't want him."

   She continued her conversation, my heart raced.
   This was what it was all about? He ruined Jarlett- I mean our relationship over popularity?

   "I'll break it all off soon, I just need to reach the milestone I've been dying for."

   "You're gonna die alright."

  I muttered, I heard Meredith stop talking and soon I found myself sprinting to the other side of the store.
  Adrenaline coursing through my veins as I caught my breath, I sighed and tried relaxing my legs as they were tensed up.

   "Chica? You looked like you've seen a ghost."

  I grabbed Xiomara's arm and dragged her into the dressing room, I spilled everything faster than a little kid can tell their parent I said no to letting them use my phone.
  Xiomara nodded rapidly before putting her hands on my shoulders, I stopped talking and took a deep breath.

  "Karma's gonna get her, just take a moment and try on your dress. That's his problem, not yours."

   Xiomara advised and although it sounded like a good idea, we both know I couldn't just push it down.
  I had to do something about it, this was Jaden we were talking about.

  Yes he did some things that have harmed me, but it didn't mean I wanted to watch him get hurt by the same girl for the second time.
  Although I didn't mind it, I'm not going to intervene, maybe he would speak to me about it all on homecoming night.

    As Xiomara left the fitting room to allow me to try on the dress, I had so many thoughts run through my mind and I couldn't seem to catch up with them.
  I tried on the dress and immediately fell in love with it, it was a good color and it fit nicely.

   I was about to get out of the fitting room when I heard Meredith's voice again, I know I should've ignored it and walked out but I just couldn't.

  "Jaden asked me to homecoming Willow, keep up!"

     It felt like I was stabbed in my heart with the way I covered my house and stopped breathing, I bit my lip so I wouldn't cry and let out an inhumane noise.
  I closed my eyes and took a shakey breath as I opened the door and walked out slowly, I stood by the room next to hers and listened.

   "Homecoming is when I'll break his heart, although I wouldn't call it that."

   Meredith explained, I walked out of the fitting room since I've heard enough.
  Throughout the whole day I remained with an emotion that I couldn't tell.

   Homecoming is in two weeks, which meant I had two weeks to decide whether or not I want Jaden to get a heartbreak or if I should intervene.
  Doing the right thing is what burdens me more, I just didn't know what to do.

   All I know is I was going to look good doing either option.