LXV. Here Comes The Bride

Chapter 65, Here Comes The Bride
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" This is the family I want and need, the family nobody can take away from me. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

Today's the day, the sun is shining, the weather is hot and everyone is up and running.
Two weeks passed by quickly and now I'm in my room with Jayla, Cora and Xiomara.

"Here, let me do your makeup."

Jayla offered to which I accepted and allowed her to do the makeup she always did, my heart was at my throat at this point.
I was scared to death, I woke up at five and began my day to make sure I was on time or early.

I didn't think I would be totally pissing my pants when today came but I am, I was shaking as I curled my hair and my eyes began to sting as I put my make up on.
My heart began to race even more as I walked into the bathroom with my bridesmaid dress in hand, I just closed my eyes and took a deep breath in.

Scarlett's Dress

When I walked out of the bathroom, that's when I had knew everything was real and wasn't a dream

I just couldn't seem to believe that I would have Alana as my step mother, I dreamt of it most certainly.

"Okay, we should head to the beach now."

Cora informed us, the wedding was on the beach due to how much Alana loved being on the beach.
I've watched her surf at one point and Jaden even joined her.

As we got into a car and drove off to the beach, my mind was flooded with memories that I had made with everyone.
I can only imagine how nervous Alana could be right now, she would be marrying her soulmate in about three hours.

As I stood in front of Jayla and beside the pastor, I took a deep breath and began to pray that she didn't have second thoughts.
I was so stuck in my mind I didn't notice anyone arriving nor did I see Jessica stand in front of me until she kissed my forehead and smiled at me.

I watched my dad walk down the aisle quickly and stood there he was supposed to stand, I couldn't help but tear up a bit.
My heart dropped as I watched Alana walk down the aisle with her father, the music was playing and she just looked so pretty.

When she got to where she was supposed to be, she held my father's hands and that's when the pastor began to say what he was supposed to say.
I tuned out most of it since I didn't really care much about it but tuned back in when it was time to say their vows, my dad was first and I know he had help from DJ writing them.

"Alana Mayleen Maybank, you have been the best thing to have ever happened to me and my daughter. You put a smile on her face when I couldn't and you made me laugh when she couldn't, you are truly the missing puzzle piece that both my daughter and I needed so badly. I cannot imagine my life with anyone other than you, I love you more than life itself."