XXXII. Wrapped Around My Finger

Chapter 32, Wrapped Around My Finger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " I've got him wrapped around my finger, relax. "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

        I'll admit, I've been flirting with Jaden since the day he wanted to speak to me.
   Why?
Because revenge is a dish best served cold and mama didn't raise a chicken, but I'm not a homewrecker, there's barely a home to wreck anyways.

     Right now it's Friday night and I'm sitting next to Xiomara as she lectures me about Willow, I'm not paying attention right now because I want to focus on how I'll be with Jaden.
   Xiomara's an observant person, so she found out I wasn't paying attention and snatched my phone away from me.

   "Pay attention or I swear to God."

     Xiomara threatened as she placed my phone on the charger, I sighed and looked at her, not daring to grab my phone back.
  Satisfied, Xiomara continued on how I shouldn't trust Willow and that I should keep my guard up.

   She basically explained everything that I didn't really need to know, I just nodded and hummed in response every so often.
  When she finished, I grabbed my phone went back to planning my revenge.

  "Another thing, forget about Jaden."

    I looked at Xiomara, I agree with this girl most of the time but I couldn't agree with her on this.
  I shook my head and set my phone down beside me, as I was about to go into detail on how I couldn't forget about this boy, there was a knock on my door.

   "Come in!"

  I shouted as I turned the TV on, I clicked on the Netflix icon and waited for the person who knocked to come in.
  Jaden walked inside with a smile, Xiomara looked at me and rolled her eyes before she walked towards the window.

   "No olvides lo que te dije, si te pego con mi cuchara de madera."

  (Do not forget what I said, if you do I'll hit you with my wooden spoon.)

     Xiomara threatened before leaving through my window, a shiver went down my spine.
  I looked at Jaden and smiled slightly, he just stood there looking confused before walking towards me.

   "Can we have our chat now? We haven't really spoken in private since Monday."

   Jaden spoke out after a moment of silence, I nodded my head and grabbed a zip up hoodie.
  I grabbed his hand and walked down the stairs and out the door, my heart was pounding right now.

      I took him to the treehouse, although it brought back the memory of us fighting, it was the only other private and secret place I had.
  Jaden smiled at me softly before sitting down on the small sofa, patting the empty seat beside him.

   As I sat beside him, his body tensed up and I could feel it.
  I sent a reassuring, warm smile his way and waited for him to speak up about what was on his mind.

   "I don't know how to start this, I thought it would have came to me."

   Jaden began as he let out a nervous chuckle, I smiled at him.

  "Start with how dumb you are for thinking Meredith isn't going to cheat on you for the second time."

   I smiled sarcastically and stood up, Jaden let out a laugh and looked at me.
  Does he think this is funny? Because it's not, it's serious and I'm seriously going to get violent with someone if he says otherwise.

   "I know okay, look I just didn't want to think about you hurting me so I-"

  "So you hurt me first because you didn't want me hurting you.."

  I finished his sentence for him, he nodded and looked away from me.
  Well, it's not a very stable thing to say, but I guess I understand where he's coming from.

    "But she's not who you want, is she?"

  I asked, the curiosity got the best of me before I can even think, Jaden looked at me and walked closer.
  My heart racing faster than average, he looked down at me and smiled.

   "Not at all."

  He answered before moving away and sitting on the small sofa, I felt shivers and sat down beside him.
  Jaden looked at me and sighed.

  "Can we just restart?"

  He asked, I nodded slowly.

"Hi, I'm Scarlett Delmonico."

   I introduced myself as I took my hand out, I felt stupid doing this but if it meant I was a step closer to be with Jaden, then so be it.

  "Nice to meet you Scarlett, I'm Jaden Walton."

  He shook my hand with a chuckle leaving his lips, I smiled at him.

  "Would you like to come over tonight Scarlett?"

    I nodded and accepted the invitation, he smiled at me and stood up.
   We climbed down the treehouse and walked to his house, I was getting a call from Xiomara so I hung back to talk to her.

   "Just be careful, call me if anything happens Scarlett."

     Xiomara told me, she was always the mother type in the friend group.
  Something nobody didn't notice, she was prepared and always acted like one.

  " I've got him wrapped around my finger, relax. "

      I spoke into the phone before saying goodbye to her and hanging up, it was true, I have him wrapped around my finger and he knew it as well.
   As I entered the house, Daelo ran over to me excitedly.

  "You came back!"

     Daelo exclaimed as I hugged him back tightly, lifting him from the ground and twirling him around as he squealed and laughed.
   I set him down and smiled down at him.

  "Of course mumps, you're still my best friend."

  I told him as I gave him one last hug before walking to the stairs, Jaden stood at the top of the stairs and motioned me to follow him.
  I definitely have this kid wrapped around my finger.