XLIV. Mixtape For His Girl

Chapter 44, Mixtape For His Girl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I'm making him wait, because I want him to suffer and because I'm not ready. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"How come it's only disrespectful when you hit your mom but it's discipline when your mom hits you?"

It was 3:23 in the morning, I was on FaceTime with Jaden and he looked at his phone with a smile.
He laughed at my thought and began to go on about how it's the rules of life, but like, screw the rules.

"You look exhausted, go to sleep."

Jaden urged me although I didn't want to leave him alone, I smiled at him and shook my head.
I watched as he turned off his game and grabbed his phone, he stood up and walked over to his window.

I hung up the phone walked over to my window, I unlocked and opened it just in time for this kid to come in.
He smiled and stepped inside, I looked at him as he sat down on my bed and took his shoes off.

He had something in his hand, I looked at him curiously as I sat down beside him.
Jaden smirked and looked at me before saying anything.

"Close your eyes."

Jaden said as he stood up, I nodded and closed my eyes.
I waited for him to tell me when I can open them and after five minutes, he told me to open them.

I smiled as he handed me a cassette tape and a cassette player, I looked at him and squealed.
He laughed at me and pulled me to my feet, I hugged him tightly as we swayed around with happiness.

"Now, let's go to sleep."

I suggested as I placed both gifts on the vanity, Jaden got into bed and once I laid down beside him, he snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.
My back was on pressed up against his chest, not that I was complaining or anything.

Soon the sun came up and my alarm went off, I got out of bed and did my morning routine.
I didn't feel like wearing anything flashy, so I grabbed a pair of sweat pants and spaghetti strapped shirt and called it an outfit.

Jaden was already up and at his own house so he could change, I brushed my hair into a low ponytail and walked downstairs.
Alana was standing in the kitchen, she was making some coffee when she noticed me, she walked over and hugged me tightly.

As I was ready to go outside to walk to school, I ran upstairs and grabbed the cassette player and cassette.
I walked outside placed the tape inside of the player and listened to mixtape, I didn't have a chance to read correctly at what the tape said.

I looked down and felt butterflies, I smiled and walked to school, eager to show Xiomara.

Mixtape For My Girl <3

Once I got to school, I ran inside and opened my locker.
I placed all the things I didn't need inside of locker and waited for Xiomara to come, when she arrived, I ran over to her and dragged her to the lockers.

"Relax, what's up?"

Xiomara asked with a smile as she opened her locker and placed all of the unnecessary things in her locker, I took out the tape and handed it to her.
She looked at me unsure but I encouraged to read the title, once she did, she squealed with me.

"That's so cute, how come y'all aren't already trying to get married?"

Xiomara asked as she closed her locker shut and grabbed my hand, we walked into the cafeteria where it was still a little silent since we were early.

" I'm making him wait, because I want him to suffer and because I'm not ready. "

I explained myself to Xiomara, she nodded as she took her phone out.
Forgot to mention, with everything from homecoming to now, Jiomara is real.

Jaysean was too much of a chicken to ask Xiomara out so Xiomara asked him out face to face when he walked her home, I know this because she called me late at night squealing.
I'm happy for them considering I couldn't handle all the pda in front of me, Jaysean knew that and did it just to spike me.

"Y'all talking about Jarlett but Jiomara is more cuter."

I spoke the truth and nothing but the truth, Xiomara laughed and nudged me playfully before putting her phone away.
Xiomara and I were now looking at Pinterest to see if there were any cute dresses for the wedding, there was some cute but not a lot.

"Have you guys heard of the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard situation?"

Javon asked as he sat beside me, this kid knew all the tea and it's because he stalks everyone and anyone.
I know this because with one photo of me, this kid found all my social medias, he does the fbi job better than them.

"Ew yeah, #SaveJohnnyDepp."

I responded as I went through my Instagram looking at everyone's post about the issue, Xiomara agreed.
It wasn't fair how nobody wanted to do anything because it was a woman abusing a man but a man abusing a woman and the whole SWAT team takes down the guy.

Not that I'm saying they shouldn't, they totally should but men get abused to.
Javon and I spent the morning speaking out on the issue before going our different ways for classes, he may be an iPad kid, but he's my best friend.

To be clear that doesn't mean I don't think he's an iPad kid, he totally is.