XXXVIII. I See Through You

Chapter 38, I See Through You
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" What do you gain from this? Happiness, popularity? You're hurting his feelings but you're too arrogant to see that. "

  ~ Scarlett's POV ~

    I was tossing and turning all night, what was I going to do?
  I could tell him the truth and risk him getting angry at me and ignoring my warning or I watch the train Wreck of a relationship go down in flames, I lost sleep over this.

   When my alarm went off, I felt like crying and throwing up.
  I sat up and sighed as I turned off the alarm, I did my morning routine and decided to play some music as I looked for some clothes.

   "They only want you when you're seventeen, where you're twenty-one, you're no fun."

   I sung along to 'Seventeen' by Ladytron, I adored this song a lot.
  I found a good outfit and placed my hair in a half up half down, space buns hairstyle.

   I saw it on McKenna Grace and she looked fabulous with it, I did some light makeup and walked downstairs.

  Scarlett's Outfit

     I grabbed myself a to-go cup and poured some coffee in it, I made a caramel iced coffee and left the house

  I walked to my car and just as I was about to go in, I heard my name being called.

   I looked over and smiled at Jayla, she and I haven't spoken in a while considering she was going to college and had to focus on her studies.
  We hugged and she kissed my forehead before wishing me luck at school and allowing me to get into my car, I smiled at her presence and buckled my seatbelt.

   Once I got to school, I walked inside and went to my locker.
  As I closed it, Xiomara was leaning on hers and looked at me with a smirk.

   "Out of sight, out of mind. Remember, keep the things you know to yourself."

   Xiomara advised as she grabbed my hand and walked with me to the cafeteria, I nodded and sat down beside her.
  Jaysean arrived and gave Xiomara and I a warm hug, I looked at him and smiled.

  "Xiomara and I were on the phone yesterday and we were talking about Jarlett."

  Oh lord, what is going to come out of this kid's mouth now?
  I'll save you the suspension and tension, nothing good.

   "Oh God, stop talking now. Jarlett- I mean Jaden and I are not going to date again, promise you that."

      I interrupted him before he got his thought out, he pouted at me and scoffed playfully.
  We looked towards the door and smiled as Javon entered the cafeteria, he sat beside me.

   "You look depressed and sick, are you feeling okay?"

   Javon asked as he began to feel my face, I looked at him scoffed playfully.

  "Wow okay, this is just my regular face Javon."

   I responded as I shoved him, we both laughed and he hugged me.

   "Oh so you normally look like you're gonna throw up on us?"

   I rolled my eyes and laughed, he smiled at me and we began to speak about Euphoria.
  I got up to go get a cup of water, I turned around and watched Meredith make her way towards me.

   "You're shoes look disgusting."

  Meredith told me as she walked beside me and grabbed her cup of water, I nodded and turned to her.

  "Your face looks disgusting but I keep my comments to myself, something I learned in pre-k."

   I spat before walking away from her and sitting beside Javon, although I knew he was just joking, I wanted to know if I truly did look sick and depressed.
  I mean I didn't sleep last night but that didn't mean I would look like a zombie going through a menopause.

  "Yo, you good?"

  Javon whispered me as he noticed I went silent, I nodded and got up from the table.
  I walked out of the cafeteria and walked to my locker, I looked through it and grabbed my airpods.

   I began to play 'Needs' by Verzache, I watched as Jaden walk into the school.
  I hid behind my locker, Meredith must have known since she came out of the cafeteria and kissed him.

   Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself.
Just leave me for somebody else.

  I turned my phone off completely and placed both airpods and phone in my locker, I closed it and walked over to Meredith who was standing alone.
  I stood in front of her, I know Xiomara said not to say anything but I couldn't stand there and I be silent.

  "What do you want?"

  She sassed me, I so badly wanted to slap her but I wasn't about to get into a fight so early in the morning.

  "Cut the crap, what do you really want from Jaden."

  I asked her, sassing her right back which caught her off guard but it wasn't so surprising.
  She looked around as if she was trying to make sure we were alone, we were, she just looks dumb.

   Reminding me of Dora, always looking for the obvious like girl it's right in front of you.
  Need I remind you that I'll slap some sense into her?

   "Nothing, I just don't think he should have been so quick to believe that I would love him again."

  She answered truthfully, I looked at her and felt my blood boil.
  This wasn't fair to either me or Jaden, I lost someone who was just going to get heartbroken but whose fault is that?

   Meredith and Jaden's.

" What do you gain from this? Happiness, popularity? You're hurting his feelings but you're to arrogant to see that. "

   I spoke out as I shoved passed her, I walked to the cafeteria and grabbed my things, ignoring everyone's questions.
  Xiomara was the only who knew to leave it alone because she was going to find out later.

   This was a crash and burn situation and someone was going to leave this problem harmed.