Chapter 38 Miss New York

Happy Reading :)

I woke up to the familiar sounds of the house bustling and buzzing.

"Who wants eggs?" I heard Leo shout. 

So that's who's on breakfast duty when Mama's gone.

I brushed my teeth and walked downstairs to see what everyone was doing. The boys were all sitting at the breakfast counter watching Leo cook. Our dad had already left for work and the rest were getting ready for school.

"I can't believe she doesn't have to go to school," Melvin grumbled. Clearly me finishing early caused some jealousy.

"Whatever, at least we don't have to worry about what she's doing all day." Marcus said under his breath. 

"Good morning." I said at that moment. They both jumped.

"Are you a fucking cat?"

"How the hell did you get downstairs so quietly." 

"Did you learn that in New York?" 

"Oh shut it," I rolled my eyes but had missed this so much. The bickering and noise, Rosa just wasn't argumentative enough to fill role of my brothers. 

"Eggs?" Leo looked at me.

"Sure," I said and sat down next to Joey.

"Marcus when's your graduation?" Leo asked.

"Next week," He replied mouth full of food.

"Mama will be back by then," I said. 

"Who else is graduating?" Leo asked.

"Theo."

"Oh nice we can do a big dinner to celebrate." 

"What about a party?" Joey suggested.

"NO!" Marcus, Melvin, and I all said at the same time.

"We have to celebrate are you kidding?" Leo scoffed, obviously not knowing the history of parties in this house.

At that moment Felix popped in.

"Of course we have to throw a party, you and Theo are graduating, it's a big deal." He said and sat down.

"Yeah we didn't think you had it in you kid," Greg joked rubbing Marcus' head condescendingly. 

"Shut up," Marcus swung at Greg.

Greg caught his arm and swung his leg under Marcus' chair, knocking it over and leaving him sprawled out on the floor. The familiar laughter followed, and I looked around the kitchen filled with my brothers and smiled. 

I missed my family so much. 

"Maybe I can sneak back to campus for lunch?" I suggested. I could tell they liked the idea, but Melvin only grunted. Joey nodded eagerly. 

"Please come!"

I would love to spend more time with my brothers and cousins, especially since it was Marcus' last year eating lunch with us, but I had more than one reason to visit campus.

"Come home after and I'll make us real lunch," Greg said, reminding me what he said last night about a "talk". This was going to be a hell of a day. 

*Lunch time*

I sat next to Lexi, she clung to me like a life raft.

"Never leave me again." She dug her claws into the arm she held hostage. We were at the lunch table with my brothers, Lexi, and my cousins. 

"Ow," I detached my arm from her grip. Joseph sat on my other side. It was like having two dogs who really missed me while I was gone. They didn't leave my side. Which would be a problem later on when I needed to sneak away to see Damon.