#20 Checo - Birthday Surprise

MARISOL POV.: This year, we're saddly needed in the factory on the day of Sergio's birthday. Because of that, to try and have this day speciall anyway, I decided to have a little chat with Christian and Helmut. With their blessing I only needed to call Max, Jo, Xavi, Hugh and Adam to set the plan in motion...

At 10 AM we swiped our passes to enter the factory, and met Rachel on the way, as we passed the reception.
-Hello!
-Hi!
-Happy Birthday Checo!
-Thank you Rach- he had genuine smile on his face.
-You're welcome- she said and winked at me when he wasn't looking. That meant that my plan is in works...
We left our coats in cloak room and then went upstairs to do some media work before Checo's due to some simulator time. As far as i know, he doesn't suspect anything, which is good.
He signed some merch, we met with Max and filmed the video which will be uploaded on all the networks at RedBull few days after the car launch. We also stumbled upon Daniel and Nyck, so the boys joked and laughed for a bit. Daniel also had some simulator work, while Nyck was getting ready for the season and did also another sit-fit, as the other made some issues. I think that so far, Checo is not really thnking about his birthday. Which is going to change pretty soon...

...
We were in one of the conference rooms, finishing up another video we came up with in marketing department, having both Sergio and Max there. It was even more less obvious that we're planning something...
They didn't suspect a thing until we all started to sing "Happy Birthday", as I went to them with plate full with cupcakes and lit up candles. 33 to be exact (candles, no cupcakes - aut. note). Max joined us in singing, while Checo looked around, shocked. But even then I could easly see how happy it had made him. Of course I wished him "Feliz Cumpleanos" in the morning, and whole fam called him in the morning to do that too, but I don't think he expected our colegues to actually remember about it too...
-Happy Birthday! / Feliz Cumple!- we all shouted at the end, smiling at him. I stood in front of him with the plate and added:
-Make a wish Cariño!- I said, looking at him fondly. Sergio hesistated for a second or two, then smiled to himself and blew the candles next, making everyone cheer.
-Happy Birthday Checo- Christian said, embracing him in warm but short hug.
-Feliz Cumple- Max said, smiling proudly at himself, also giving him a hug.
-Thanks guys. It's really nice of you..- he replied and then laughed at Max -Your Spanish is getting better every time, mi Amigo!
-What can I say?! I try my best!- the Dutch replied coyly and then we all laughed. And it's not even true that he came to me and Xavi for help with that, not at all...!
-Cheeeeccoooo!- Daniel joked in "Daniels' style and added -Feliz Cumpleanos mi caro Amigo!
-Thx Danny.
-Happy Birthday.
-Thank you Nyck. Happy to have you here...
-Where is Yuki by the way?
-Home. Had something to do in Faenza, but he sends warm wishes and Happy Birthday's via me- I replied and gave Checo a package.
-What is it?
-Just open it- his curious expresion almost made me laugh. Checo did as I said and laughed the second he opened the box.
-What is there?- Max and Daniel asked, curious and a little noisy.
-Another sake!- when he said that, we all laughed.
-Simply lovely!- Max made comment and we had another laughing fit.
After all that hustle, everyone helped themselves with a cupcake and just chatted to everyone. It felt nice and home-ly...
-You're happy with the surprise?
-I love it. Gracias mi Amor- Sergio said, wrapping both his arms around my waist.
-How did you know that was my idea!?
-Because I know you..- he replied and I stiffed a giggle.
-Good enough- but it didn't stopped me from letting out a chuckle -Feliz Cumple mi Amor...
-Muchas gracias mi Corazón- he replied and then we kissed shortly, but sweet nevertheless.

.....
After almost 1.5 hour of party, everyone got back to their work, us included. But the mood was high long after that, even when we got back home to rest and sleep. We ate dinner, FaceTimed his parents once again and then followed our night-time routines. In pijamas we finally laid down in bed, with happy smiles and soon after that, both of us were deeply asleep.
I think I can confidently say that the "Birthday surprise" was a complete sukcess...

A bit short this time, but here we have another birthday one shot...
I hope you're happy and healthy wherever on the world you are!
Stay safe!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.