#93 Mick - Decorations chaos

NARRATOR POV: It's 4 days till Christmas, and it found Maddie Carter in the mall, holding lots of different colorful bags in her hands. Exasperated she lifted her left hand to look at the smartwatch placed there.
-I have 2 hours till Mick comes back home. I better get going..- she mumbled to herself and then entered the last store, before loading all the bags in the trunk of her car and speeding home. She had lots of work to do....

.....
When she finally made it home, she placed all the bags in their bedroom for a moment and then called Robert, their neighbour with a favour. Her plan was going smoothly so far...
-I owe you big time Rob, really..!
-Don't thank me, it was a pleasure to help. Say hi to Mick from me!
-I definitely will. Thanks again!
-Merry Christmas Maddie!
-You too!
After next 20 minutes her and Robert parted ways, and he left, while Mad looked lovingly and happy at the giant christmas tree standing in the corner of their living room.
-I have only an hour!- she exclaimed, looking at the clock on the wall, and then rushed to work.
She pulled out everything she bought out of the bags and unwrapped them, before getting lost in all the colors and shapes, dancing to christmas music she put on the radio with a smile on her face. 'I hope he'll like it...'

50 MINUTES LATER
Mick got home to the sight of what had to be many kilometres of tinsel, sparkling lights and christmas balls in every color possible, hanging off every available surface. For a second he'd almost thought that he'd walked into the wrong apartment, when he saw Maddie sitting on the sofa in the living room, with another bunch of christmas balls on her knees, looking focused on a tree so tall that the star on top of it touched the ceiling.
Mick was stunned into silence by the sight of it all, the tree adorned with so many decorations, all glittering and shining as the string of little lights twinkled away, looking as if it was going to colapse any second now.
-Maddie...- he exhaled, shell shocked.
-Mick!- she jumped, surprised -Do you like it?
Maddie asked next, her voice wavering as she looked at Mick shyly, moving her hand subconsciously to cover her injured wrist with jumper sleeve.
-I... I thought that you didn't like Christmas?- young Schumacher asked softly, as he remembered every story about this holiday Maddie told him about. What horror she went through every year...
-I didn't. I used to hate it- she agreed in similar tone, looking down at the floor and moving loose hair behind her ear. Her nervousness made Mick rush to sit down next to her and without words cuddle her close to his chest and place his chin on top of her head.
-But since we moved in together, I've been thinking a lot about it, and I've realised that it doesn't have to be like when I was a kid. I can do whatever I want for Christmas, whatever makes me happy- Maddie added, returning the embrance with thankful sigh.
Mick felt his heart swell with love at the thought that Maddie was happy here with him, happy enough to buy a ton of Christmas decorations and put them up all by herself to surprise him. To convey to her his happiness and how grateful he felt to have her, Mick kissed her softly on the lips. But it was so sudden, that they toppled over and Maddie landed under him, on the sofa with her head on the arm of the couch, both lauging as their noses bumped together.
They kissed softly for a bit after, and then pulled back just a little, to look into each others eyes.
-So, do you like it?
-I love it- Mick assured her and kissed the tip of her nose, making her giggle -I love you.
-I love you too Micky...- Maddie whispered and smiled at him softly, her eyes shining from happiness.
-So? What do we do?
-Clean the mess and rest? You had a long day at the factory...?
-Sure- he agreed and kissed her forehead, wanting to shower his girlfriend in all the love he had for her.
Happy, they stood up and swiftly cleaned the chaos, admiring all the work Maddie did. And after that, they colapsed back on the couch, grinning at each other. All they needed now was hot chocolate and a christmas movie....
THE END

And here we are, with another happy and fluffy story!
I know it's a bit short, but I have lots of work to do before Christmas break...
I hope you're in great spirits in this magical time!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.