#92 Charles - Watch

To keep up with Christmas and still have our 3 chapters a week schedule, I decided to start a little ealier, which means, today.
I hope you enjoy our christmas marathon!
F.

NARRATOR POV: This year, for christmas party, like every other holiday, familia Leclerc met at Pascale's house. All three brothers were going to made it with their girlfriends, making Pascale even more happy.
Lorenzo and Charlotte, along with Brynn and Charles came by ealier, to help and dump all the presents under the christmas tree. Ealier in the year they drew each others names, kind off like "secret santa" and chose the person they're buying presents to. The rule however was, that they cannot have their partner, so each person was going to get 2 gifts, and Pascale 3, one from each of her sons.

.....
At 6 PM everyone were at the house, dressed up nicely for the ocasion, sitting down at the table, eating and chatting about nothing and everything at the same time.
-This dish is amazing, you outdone yourself this year Pascale- Charlotte complemented her, while Mama Leclerc just smiled and nodded in thank you, happy to see her kids happy.
-Lottie is right, everything is delicious- Brynn agreed, standing up from her chair beside Charles and leaning over the woman to kiss her cheek and give her a short hug.
-Merci- Pascale said, winking at the other girl with soft smile. Christmas was the best and the worst time of the year for her, ever since she lost Herve 6 years ago. Time flies, but it doesn't get any easier...
They still leave the chair open for him, with all the cutlery and plates, as if he was just late for the celebration, but is going to burst through the door at any minute, doing last last minute shopping, like he always did. They also sat at specific chairs every time, almost like a habit. It gave them all a sence of calm and normality.
-Maybe let's clean up and exchange gifts?- Lorenzo prompted, seeing the misty look in his mothers' eyes.
-Yeah, let's do that- she agreed and smiled at him, grateful.
-We'll help- both Charlotte and Brynn stood up and began to move dirty dishes to the kitchen. 
Working together they managed to clean up in really short time, and then went to the living room instead, to sit down with muled wine and tea. With the tree shining brightly and christmas songs playing softly in the radio, they gave themselves to sit down and just be.
-So? Who goes first?- Arthur spoke after a moment, looking at everybody around him. Pascale is sitting on the sofa with Lorenzo and Charlotte, while him, Jade, Charles and Brynn ocupy 3 armchairs, Charles and Brynn sharing one.
-I can go- Brynn volunteered, standing up and then kneeling next to the pile of presents. After that she proceeded to give out eah present to its owner with Charles's help.
-O mon Dieu! It's..- Pascale's voice wobbled, as she opened one of the presents. It was an album full of black and white photos of her and Herve from even before the wedding, up until the year he died -It's perfect... Merci..
-You have lots of albums with photos of the boys growing up, but not that one. We just wanted for you to have something which reminds you of the unique bond you two had..- Charlotte said and gave her a strong hug, followed by a hug from Brynn and Jade. 
Turns out, all three girls worked together in putting this album together, as a forth present for Mama Leclerc.
-Merci... It's incredible...
Among all the presents, Lorenzo got an upgrade to his Catan, the game they loved, Charles got a new chest set and Arthur got new paddle equipment, while Jade got new perfum, Charlotte got new glowes and a hat, and Brynn got a new water paints set.
-I have something else for you- Charles whispered, when she finally made it back onto his lap, as he hugged her close.
-And what would that be, hm?
-Open it and check- he replied, passing her a box. Encouraged, Brynn opened it and gasped, seeing a beautiful ring.
-Veux-tu m'épouser, mon Amour? (Will you marry me?)- Charles whispered into her hear, smiling. He thought about it for long time, how to surprise her and make it memorable, but also allow for family to be there, and came up with this. He only hoped for her to say yes...
-Oui, Charlie, toujours oui- she replied in a whisper and allowed him to put the ring on her finger. Then she turned around, to hug him close and tight.
-I love you...
-I love you too, mon cherie- they smiled with tears of happines in their eyes and kissed softly.
-Now open my present- Brynn encouraged him, still hugging Charles close. With smile on his face, Charles did and then stilled, in shock.
-B... Is it...
-Oui. I fixed it and gave it new wristband, but I promise it looks exact same! Well, maybe apart from small detail...- she replied and reached into the box to turn the richard mille watch over, to reveal the back.
"Toujours avec toi, peu importe où, peu importe comment*" was written in his fathers' neat handwritting, along the back of his old watch.
-I love it... Merci boucoup mon Ange!
-You're welcome Charlie...- Brynn whispered and returned the tight hug Charles enveloped her in -That way you can make the sponsors happy at the race weekend and keep us close at the same time.
-It's an amazing present...
-What's all that crying about?- Arthur asked, curious.
-Well... Looks like you're not getting rid of me anytime soon, mon frère- Brynn replied, smug.
-What?
-You actually proposed!?- Charlotte asked Charles, happy and shocked at the same time. The happy pair only nodded.
-Congratulations!! Toutes nos félicitations!!- whole living room burst with happines, as all of them stood up and hugged one another, while Brynn showed off the diamond ring on her finger.
-I know I already said it once, but.. take care of one another, hm?
-We always will Maman, we always will- Brynn assured Mama Leclerc and hugged her tight.

....
After that all of them showed off all the presents and they settled into familiar and calm chatter. Pascale couldn't help but look at each couple with small smile on her face. But out of the three, Charles and Brynn were the ones, who reminded her the most of herself and Herve.. The quiet codependency, how they smoothly worked around each other, giving what the other needed even before they knew that...
-Please mon Amour, look out for our boys... Charlie needs that the most...- she thought to herself, looking through the album the girls made for her. The permanent ache and longing subdued a bit, letting it switch places with warmth and feeling of pure and unconditional love. They all gonna be alright...
They definitely had the best christmas this year...
THE END

*Always with you, no matter where, no matter how

And here we are!
First Christmas chapter of the year!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.