#107 Charles - Crash

NARRATOR POV: The sun hung low in the sky over the picturesque Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium. Charles Leclerc, a rising star of Ferrari, was sitting in the garage and preparing for one of the most crucial races of his career. Brynn Walker, his girlfriend of three years, was sitting at the back of it, to not interupt anybody from the team, her heart heavy with worry.
Charles had been unusually quiet all weekend. He had confided in Brynn about his apprehensions concerning the race, but he didn't want her to feel the full weight of his anxieties. Warren knew something is wrong, and so did Andrea, but neighter pushed Charles to speak. He'll work it over on his own and then maybe talk with them.

As the race began, Brynn watched the cars scream down the long straights and navigate the treacherous Eau Rouge corner with bated breath. Charles was driving his heart out, pushing the limits of his Ferrari. But as the race progressed, Brynn's worry deepened. Charles was slipping down the order, his car struggling for grip.
The tension in the air was palpable as Brynn anxiously monitored the race from the big screans in the garage. Suddenly, her heart sank as she saw Charles's car spin out of control and slam into the barrier. The impact was brutal, and the car was a wreck.
-No!!- Brynn's hands flew to her mouth in shock as tears welled up in her eyes -No, no, no!
The reactions of the whole team were similar, everyone scared for the driver.
-Woah! It was a big one! Is he alright?- Carlos came on the radio, voicing the thoughts of everyone else.
-Andre..- Brynn looked at their friend with tears in her eyes. Panic started to set in as she realized she couldn't rush to be with him, as he needed to go to the medical center to get checked before getting back here, to the garage. 
-I'll see what they know- he tried to cheer her up and then quickly went over to the pit wall, to talk with Xavi and Fred. It was a short discussion, but didn't help Brinn at all, seeing their grim faces.
-B, look, he's out- Isa told her, pointing at the screen, showing the replay. Charles got out of the car, but stumbled onto his knees and needed assist of the marshals to get to the safety car, which got deployed in the mean time.
-He's not good...- the girl wasn't convinced, seeing her lovers' state.
-Charles is bruised all over from the impact, they also susspect at least a minor concusion and cracked ribs. We'll know more after the tests in the hospital...- Andrea came back to them in the meantime, face grim.
-H..hospital?
-He's concious and breathing on his own, they just want to be sure- Ferrari assured them and added -Come on, let's go to the hospital and see him. He's out of the media duties anyway, along with the debrief...
-Yeah. Let's go- she agreed and stood up hastly turning to still sitting Isabella:
-Fingers crossed for Carlos. Text you later?
-Sure. Take care Amiga- the blond haired woman smiled and gave her friend a kiss on the cheek. After that, Brynn and Andrea left the garage and the paddock as a whole, to go to the hospital, to see Charles. They only hoped for the best....

2 HOURS LATER
After long hours of various tests and checks, Charles got admited to the room, and they could see him.
-Charlie!- Brynn said, entering the room and stopping only at Charles's side.
-Mon Amor. I'm fine- Leclerc replied with soft smile, lifting his right hand up to her cheek -The doctor said it's only a small concusion and 2 cracked ribs. In a week I'll be as new.
-You have a concusion!?
-Yeah. And lots of rainbow colored bruises.
-I was so scared.. The crash looked bad..- she explained, holding his left hand tightly in both hers.
-Yeah, but it looked worse than  it actually was, so don't worry anymore, ok? I'm fine- he chuckled, seeing tears in her eyes -Mon chouchou... Come here..
-But the doctor..?
-Don't care- after he smiled, she actually bend down and hugged him.
-It was just the crash. I'm not going anywhere.
-Good- Brynn sniffled and showed him small smile.
-Je t'aime.
-Je t'aime tetelement mon Amour...- Warren replied in a whisper, joining their foreheads with wet chuckle. They shared soft kiss full of feelings and then seperated, whi Brynn sitting on the chair at Charles's side.

....
Later on, they were joined by Andrea, who got specific instuctions from the doctor. 
-Well mi amici, you've fucked up..- Ferrari said and also sat on one of the chairs, to explain everything what will happen in next 2 days. Charles was kept in the hospital overnight for the concusion and then on rest for 2 days. After that slowly getting back to normal training.
-And call your Maman. She's worried about you and won't listen to me- he finished, handing Leclerc his phone.
-Alright- Charles agreed and then looked at Brynn -Mon Amour?
-Oui?
-Come here- he scooted over, to leave her some space.
-I don't think I can, or should, Charlie...
-Come on! For me?- he pouted, making both Brynn and Andrea laugh.
-Ok. But just for a moment- she agreed, giggling at Charles's happy cheer.
After that they called Mama Leclerc on FaceTime, to let her know about everything. It was sweet, and teary phone call, but at the end, everyone were satisfied.
The rest of the conversations was filled with reassurances, apologies, and retelling of the crash, already in better spirits. They also checked the results and then congratulated Carlos via phone call, for his P3.
Both Charles and Brynn knew that their bond was unbreakable, and they would face the highs and lows of life and racing together, hand in hand. The crash had been terrifying, but it had also reinforced the depth of their love and commitment to each other, and for Charles, that was the most important victory of all.
THE END

Something sweet but also angsty..
Stay happy!
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.