#70 Lando - Needles

AVA POV: Today is weird day, and a bit stresfull, as me and Lando are going to doctors today. As usuall, ahead of Formula 1 season, Lando does every test possible to prove that he's healthy and perfectly able to drive. I, on the other hand decided that I'll do those blood tests for only my knowledge, once a year at least, to make sure I'm fine.
Both of us are cranky because we haven't eaten yet, but we need to have empty stomachs for the blood test. We're gonna eat after them.
Lando drove us to the private clinic we've our appointment. It luckly helps with anonimity and avoiding crowds of fans.
-Hello!- lady at the front desk greeted us with smile on her face.
-Hello. I'm Avalynn Cooper and this is Lando Norris. We're here for blood tests- I introduced us, smiling at her.
-Good. You'll enter room number 004 down the hall and to the right. Doctor Moore will greet you shortly...
-Thank you- we nooded and did as she said, finding the room easly and sitting down on those plastic chairs.
-Are you ok, Lan?- I asked him, seeing that he's got a bit pale on the face.
-I'm alright- he said and linked our hands together, placing them on his right thigh.
-I beg to differ, you're pale as sheet of paper!- I disagreed and added -Lando, it's me. You can tell me everything- I assured him and covered his hand with mine, looking him in the eye.
-I hate needles, ok! It's awful when they pick on my skin and don't get me started on blood...!- he ranted, shaking.
-What happens when you see blood?- I calmly asked, drawing soothing circles on his palm.
-I feel dizzy and floaty... Like I'm gonna fainth any second..- he said quietly, barerly a whisper, avoiding my gaze.
-It's totally fine! I'll be there, by your side the whole time! And you won't have to focus on none of those, focus on me instead!- I told him and squeezed his hand in mine.
-You promise?
-Course Baby- I smiled at him and placed a kiss on his cheek. Lando tends to be very insecure about himself and what he's feeling and I compleatly understand that, also trying to support him however I possibly can. Besides, I'm an insecure person myself, so I can relate to his emotions a lot.
-Ms Cooper and Mr Norris?- dotor Moore exited her office.
-That's us.
-My name is doctor Moore and I'll take your blood tests today- she introduced herself and added -Please, enter and make yourself comfortable- she smiled encouragely.
-Thank you- we smiled at her and did just that, placing our jackets and my bag on the chairs in front of her desk, to get them out of our way for a bit.
-So? Which one of you goes first?
-I will- I volounteered, feeling how Lando started to shake again.
-Very well. Please sit down and relax. We'll be done in a minute- she said and took her place on a stool next to the chair I occupied. But when she reached to my right hand I tsked.
-What's wrong?- she imidately retracked her gloved hand, and asked me curiously, with her brows furrowed.
-It's nothing. You just won't find a vein here. For 23 years nobody found it- I explained and showed her the insides of both my elbows.
-You're right. Thank you for letting me know- she kindly replied after brief examination of the arm in question and then calmly took blood from my left arm. The feeling wasn't plesant but not unwelcome or painful and I ocupied myself with watching how my blood flows. I found it interesting ever since I was little and haven't grew up from it.
-And... Done!- she said and pressed a gauze in the junkture of my elbow to cover the "needle point" and taped it in place- It didn't hurt, did it?- she asked me and I realised she must've seen Lando's nervousness too.
-No, it didn't- I agreed with her and swithed with Lando on the special chair.
-Here we go..- he whispered nervously and heavied a nervous sigh.
-It won't hurt, I promise- dr. Moore told Lan calmly and sweet, trying to help him relax.
-I know, I just..- he stuttered and shivered -Let's get on with it!- he gave his consent, but the second the doctor inserted the needle he tensed and began sweating even more than before. I knew perfectly well what was coming...
-Lando, hey! I'm here, remember!? Focus on me!- Instantly I kneeled next to him on the other side of his, took his right hand in mine and placed my other hand on his cheek to stroke his cheek -Don't look at the blood, look at me, alright?
-I feel dizzy...
-I know Baby, but you can do it. It's just a minute more- I assured him and my words made him smile lightly, as he squeezed my hand back. Weakly and short, but it still was a good sign -Good... Just a minute and then we're gonna go and eat- I assured him after shoting a brief look at the doctor.
-And we're done! The results should be in max 2 days. That's it from me- she said after securing the gauze on his elbow, when she was done. Luckly she didn't say anything about Lando's state, and we both were thankfull for that.
-Thank you doctor- I said and we took our belongings to leave. Lando was still a bit pale so I passed him a smothee Jon told us to drink after the test, as we left the clinic. He took it wordlesly and drank a few gulps, while I sipped mine, holding his free hand.
-How are you feeling?
-Better. Thank you... for your help, back there..
-It's nothing.
-I'd definitely faint if you weren't there,
-You're welcome- we smiled to one another.
-But still... Thank you- Lando insisted and added -All in all, but I'm never doing this again!- he grumbled unhappy, as we entered the car to go home. I only could laugh at him and shake my head, knowing fully well that we're surely gonna be in exact same situation next year... But before that, we're gonna drive back home and eat good breakfast to fill our stomachs!
THE END

Kinda hurt & comfort OS for you..
Have a nice day! / Goodnight!
F.