Chapter 6- A Phoenix From the Ashes

That night after we make it home, we don't even know what to say. Alex sat on our bedroom floor while we all talked about what the hell our day had turned into. It was so bizarre that helping a young girl out led to us talking to one of the Eternals for hours at a bar. Nixi had such an incredible spirit. She was the kind of person who could be friends with anyone, and the way she talked about some of the crazy things she had seen seemed so casual as if it was normal for a person to be able to summon lightning.

"Okay, I am freaking in love with her," Aria states as she looks down at all of us from her bunk.

"I had no idea what they were all really like, but that... was not what I was expecting," Pearl says in disbelief.

"Same, what the fuck." Alex states as he leans against my bed.

"It's so strange that even in that position of power, she just acts like a regular person," I say as I pull my pillow into my lap.

"When you can be literally worshiped by everyone, why would you choose to be so humble about it?" Alex asks "Being treated like a god seems pretty incredible to just pass up."

"I know, right?" Aria states as she rolls onto her stomach "I mean, I was so worried about saying something stupid that I would have bent a knee to her if she said so."

"Instead she chose to just treat us like new friends," Pearl says, still trying to process it all.

"Epic," Alex states, and suddenly, Brendan knocks on the door frame.

"Lights out guys, I know you had an exciting day, but you still have school for a half day tomorrow." he states, then notices Alex on the floor "Back to your room, kiddo," he says as he waves him out. Alex sighs as he gets up, wandering down the hall.

"G'night guys," he says, sounding upset that that conversation had to end.

"Night," I say as Brendan follows him out. Pearl looks disappointed as she blows out the candle. After all of that, there is no way I am going to just fall asleep. I have too much on my mind now, and I can't stop thinking about what could happen tomorrow when we head back to the tavern. Unfortunately, before that can happen, we have to endure another day of school.

"After the initial ritual that the priestess Mahina had performed, it wasn't confirmed whether or not it was successful until Valentina's eventual return to life. Today, in celebration of this amazing circumstance, we will be honoring the awakening of Nathan the Fourth. Empress Roxie has been blessed by the return of both of her children so close in one lifetime." Miss Ashley explains "Nathan, Scarlett, and Breeze were the first children to be born into the Eternal Family after the gap years. These children were soon joined together with their parents and gained the power of eternity. Breeze was last reincarnated as Krista and passed away along with her mother Freya twenty-six years ago after becoming very ill. Her father Derek had died nine years prior and now as Arsen is the only living member of their family." she explains and suddenly Aria raises her hand.

"Why did Dante come back but not Veronika?" Aria asks curiously.

"That's an excellent question," Miss Ashley begins "Sometimes these things happen, timing is always different when they return from the spirit realm. For all we know, those who are missing may already be out there without even knowing it. This is why the high priestess meets with all of you after you turn sixteen. For all we know, someone in this room could be one of them." she smiles as she looks across all of our faces, smiling. We all look around at each other curiously at the thought. As exciting as it would be, the chances are slim as hell. There is only one guy and two girls who have been gone long enough to line up with us. For all we know, one of the little kids in the survival skills class might have better chances.