Chapter 105- Every End is a New Beginning

Final Part: Keeping a Promise

"We're okay," I start to cry, taking Nadia's hand "You're gonna be okay, too."

"I know I will be, sweetheart." she smiles warmly "Because next time, Ruthus will be here with me. But not only him but your aunt Alamea and Valentina," she suddenly looks over at Desire "And my son Mateo," she explains, and we both lean over to hug her.

"I love you so much Nana," Desire cries.

"I love you too, baby girl." she says, and I can tell she's trying not to cry "Mahina," she begins, and we both sit up.

"I know," Aurora says as she takes her hand "Nadia, our beloved Aitana, wife of Col and mother of many, you have done so much for all of us in just this lifetime alone. Taking over on your own for a few years before Roxie could after Freya and her daughter Krista passed away from the outbreak was one of the bravest things you could have done. Since then, doing what you could to support your daughter when she herself lost her husband has been so comforting to not only her but everyone here. You are the beating heart of this family, but now, you need to rest and leave the ends of this tragedy in our hands."

"Breeze, you were created in every despicable way possible, but despite that, you rose above it to become something pure. You were the guiding force your parents needed to find each other, you helped rebuild and run things after the gap years, and now, despite my family trying their hardest to screw things up yet again, you have single-handedly put in the most effort to overcome it and save everyone. You faced the curse Gael put on you and stole his power, and you came back to me even after I caused you so much pain. You may be the goddess of shadows, but at the end of the day, you are the one bringing everyone back into the light." he explains in admiration, and I'm left speechless.

"You're just saying that because you want me to feel better," I sigh.

"I'm saying it because it's true," Lucius says as gazes at me "And because this is my last chance to say it to you," he explains as he sits on his knees.

"This is it, isn't it?" I say as I start to stand, and I feel my heart pounding "Is there anything else you want to say?" I ask, and he takes a deep breath.

"Don't regret what you've had to do to, sweetheart" he explains thoughtfully "Your life is yours, and I want you to spend it doing better than we did."

"I think you made the right choice, warrior." Eliana says happily "Not to mention, if Gael saw what you've done with his power, he'd be pissed that it backfired on him." she laughs.

"Without a doubt." I chuckle, and suddenly we see clouds start to form overhead, and I feel it begin to drizzle. Nervous, I look at her, but she seems accepting of what's to come.

"Well," she says as she smacks her knees, standing up "It looks like it's time for me to set off," she states, walking down the deck. Carefully, I stand up and watch her head to the upper deck "Thank you for staying with me, Breeze. But don't mourn today, not until the ancient bitch is dead."

"Of course," I start to cry as the rain starts to come down harder.

"I'll find smoother seas next time, and tell Rynn that we'll be together again when the time is right."

"I will," I say as I feel everything start to go dark "Safe travels, Eliana."

"Until we meet again, little warrior."