Chapter 1: New School Year

"I'm thinking of you"

You grabbed your backpack that was filled with binders, notebooks, and school supplies and put it over you're back. It felt almost like a bolder on you're back. "Mom! Can I have a piece of toast?!" you yelled even though you didn't wait for her answer and grabbed a fresh toast and stuck it in your mouth.

"Yes darling!" you're mom yelled back and you saw her walking down the hallway in her formal shirt and pencil straight skirt. Grown ups... "Are you ready for a new year?" she said and you smiled.

"Of course of I am!" you said and took a chomp from the toasted bread. "I'm glad." she said motherly and grabbed her dark purple purse that matched her skirt and high-heels. "Well then. We're all set so lets head to the car." she said and you nodded and jumped off the couch.

You ran and opened the car door and quickly sat in. Your mom got in as well, started the car, and then you both drove off. Honestly you didn't like school but it was you're third year in High School and you wanted to make the best out of it.

Especially since you and your friends would be turning sixteen this year! That made you wonder how old you're old friend Kaname was. Kaname, you had met him when you we're 9. You're parents would argue almost every night. It hurt to see them so angry and spitting hurtful words back and forth. So to get away from all that you would slip away from the house to the nearby park.

That's where you met him. At the small and simple park that still wasn't far to walk to. In the end you're parents got a divorce. If only.... If only you could see him again. You yearned to know what he liked, what he looked liked now. You wonder about it...

'

"Bye! Bye! Honey! Have a good first day!" your mom said and you gleamingly smiled and waved with a cheerful "goodbye!" You walked in the familiar school that you had been away from since months as kids walked here and there across the hallway.

"{Name}!" said a cheerful voice and you turned around to see your three best friends Suki, Kaori, and Haru. "Suki! Kaori! Haru!" she said and walked to them with a smile. "I missed you guys!" you said and hugged Suki and Kaori.

You looked at Haru and held your arms up. "Can I get a reunion hug." you said pleadingly and he rolled his eyes but had a small grin on his face. "You texted me all Summer. That's all the reunion I need." he said and you playfully pouted.

"Baka..." you lowly mumbled. A girl by the name of Sasha gave everyone their schedules and then school had started before you knew it. You we're bouncy and happy through the whole school day which turned your friends on because last time they checked you hated school with a strong passion.

"I think the new school year has changed you {Name}!" Suki said and poked your cheek and you swatted her hand away. "It has not!" you said defensibly. "I have to agree with her." Kaori said with a smile.

"I knew she'd turn weird on us." Haru said and I glared at him We all lived on the same street somehow so we always walked home together unless one was busy or had to stay at school late or something.

"I am not weird. I was only excited because I was going to see new things." I said honestly and the girls giggled while Haru kept silent. "Oh! Look up! Look! Look! Up!" said Suki, her blond shoulder-length hair bouncing as she pointed to the sky hopping like a rabbit.

"Wow.." Kaori mumbled. You looked up to the sky to see thousands of stars staring at you four, as if watching and covering you. They all we're crystal white and bright and beautiful as well. "Can you imagine. That somewhere in the world someone is looking at the same star you're looking at." Kaori said.

"I can imagine that." you heard Haru say blankly and you closed your eyes and deeply sighed.

Kaname. Are you looking at the same star I'm looking at?