iv

"Lady Catelyn, you wanted to see me?" I asked, walking into her tent the next day.

After Robb and I's conversation ended, I went back to my tent. I read most of the day, doing research on the Stark's family history. They seemed to have a lot of children, I noticed. I probably would as well.

But my sword arm was aching to be used. Whether with a sword, a spear, a knife.... Anything. I figured that I could go practice later. I don't think Robb would like it, but it's a good thing he can't tell me what to do.

"Yes, I did... Please, take a seat," Lady Catelyn said. She was sitting on small couch in front of her bed. There was no other seating besides the bed itself, so I sat next to her, curious as to what she wanted.

"Did you need something?" I asked, putting my hands on my knees, playing with the fabric of my dress.

"I can't figure you out, and it worries me," She said, looking at me.

My head tilted to the side in confusion, and she sighed.

"You're going to marry my son. Upon your arrival, I thought you were loud and brash- you had a quick tongue and a fiery heart, I could tell. The way you talked about Robb and I, as if he is not strong and he relies on me to do everything for him. But I've also seen glimpses of kindness within you- when you brought up the godswood so my son could get married within the sight of his gods... I don't know what kind of person you are," Lady Catelyn said, taking a deep breath.

"I don't understand what you want me to say," I spoke quietly.

Usually I would come up with some clever retort, but she was to be my mother-in-law. I did not want to quarrel with her.

"I want my son to have a good wife. A kind woman, who will be a good mother. I honestly don't know if you'll be good for him. But you two are getting married anyway, Princess Oberyelia," She said.

I stayed silent for a moment. I didn't like her saying that I might not be a good wife to her son, or mother to his children, but I understood where she was coming from.

I stood up and opened my mouth to speak, before closing it and thinking. I walked closer to her mirror, looking at her in the reflection.

"Do you know where my name comes from?" I asked suddenly, turning to look at her.

"No?" She seemed confused.

"Oberyelia- it's quite an odd name. But my mother was a very kind woman... When she had me, my father had already left her. But they'd had an affair for a few months, and she grew to love him. She named me after him, and his sister. My Aunt Elia, who married Rhaegar Targaryen..." I turned back to the mirror, and played with my hair, looking at my reflection.

"Oberyn and Elia- to make Oberyelia. She knew how much he loved his sister, and how much he missed her. When he came to get me, I was so young. I'd just celebrated my fifth nameday. Suddenly this man was here, who looked exactly like me, and claimed that he was my father. I thought that my mother's husband was my father."

Catelyn let out a small noise of surprise. I figured that she hadn't suspected that my mother was married.

"My mother's husband killed my mother where she stood. He tried to kill my father as well, and claimed that he was going to sell me as a slave once my father was dead... Needless to say, my father won that fight," My voice cracked, and I cleared my throat, shaking my head.

"I'm sorry, I'm boring you with my stories," I said, turning to face her again.

"No, it's quite alright, I just... I don't know why you would tell me. What's the point?" Lady Catelyn said gently.

"Ah, yes, the point... I do actually have one," A small, amused smile spread across my face for a second, but soon my face reflected my serious statement, "Family has been important to me since the day I was born. It's in my name, and it's in my blood. We Martells and truly loyal and loving to those who are our family, or who we view as family. Once we are married, Robb will be my family. So will you, and all of your other children. It doesn't matter if I've never met most of the Starks- Once they are my family, I would do anything for them." I said strongly.

She looked like she was going to speak, but I held a hand up.

"I am brash, and loud. I make witty- and sometimes rude- remarks. But most of that is a part of being Dornish, and a part of being a Martell. But I am also smart, and thoughtful. And so unbelieveably caring. I do not care for Robb in a romantic way, but he seems like a very kind man. I feel like I could grow to love him." I smiled lightly at her, "I am a complex person. But I will try to be the best wife I can."

Catelyn just stared at me. For a few minutes, maybe less. But suddenly she stood up and grabbed my hands.

"I think you'll make a fine daughter in law," She said, and offered me a kind smile, then released my hands.

I did not expect this to immediately make our relationship wonderful- I was sure that we'd clash on occasion. But it was progress, and it was good.

Someone hesitantly walked in through the opening of the tent, and I saw that it was Robb. I smiled at him.

"Mother, you should be leaving for Renly Baratheon's camp soon," Robb said, glancing between us.

"I'll let you two say goodbye," I said quickly, and turned to Catelyn, "Please have a safe journey, Lady Catelyn. I hope that Renly Baratheon listens to your wise words."

I smiled at her, and put a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it as a form of affection.

"Goodbye, Oberyelia. Take care of my son," Catelyn said, then glanced at Robb for a second before turning her eyes back to me.

I nodded, "Of course," Before smiling at them both and walking out.

Guys I am already writing chapter twelve(or xii) and I love writing this story so much. I think you guys will love it too, and that you will especially love the wedding chapter!

Also, you guys should really comments and tell me what you think and what you think will happen!

-Clare <3