xxii

An entire month passed, and somehow I was still stuck in the fucking Lannister's camp.

Talisa had come and visit every single day, and Jaime had surprisingly kept good on his promise. From what he said, Robb was absolutely destroying everything in his path to Casterly Rock.

I was trying to fall asleep on night when suddenly people began waking up and running around. I could not see well since they were a good distance away, but it seemed like they were packing. I stood up(which was more difficult every day), and was surprised when my guards fled, and began running to the main campsite.

I had no idea what was going on, but as my guards were running away, someone was running towards my site of imprisonment. They could run really well, too, and when they got closer I could see that it was Talisa.

She had a sword in her hand, which surprised me even more. I was going to say something before she started hitting the lock on my cage with the sword. it broke open after a few tries.

She opened the door, and I held my hands out. She swung the sword at the shackels holding my hands together, and I was surprised when it actually broke. The sword must be Valyrian steel.

I still had two metal pieces on my wrists, almost like bracelets, but I could move freely now.

"What the fuck is going on?" I asked.

"Robb took Casterly Rock. Word did not reach us until now- but they are here. It seems that his forces split up into two. Some are holding Casterly Rock and others are here, killing as many Lannister men as they can," Talisa said.

"Robb is here?" I asked quietly, my hand on my stomach. She handed me the sword and I twirled it, releasing a relieved breath. It felt good to have a weapon back in my hand.

"I did not see him specifically, but I would guess so-" She glanced behind her, and I followed her gaze.

Men were running here- a lot of them. Some of them Lannister men, more of them Stark men. I wondered if Robb was here, and if so, where.

A few of the men seemed to recognize me, but I was too distracted by the upcoming fight to try and see if I could recognize any of them.

"Talisa, get behind me," I demanded, and she did. I walked out of the cage and held the sword out in front of me.

I figured that the Lannister men were trying to escape and my men were trying to stop them. Good.

"You should not be fighting," She said, just as a Lannister man reached us. The others were not far behind.

He swung for my head, and I ducked, moving under his arm. I elbowed him in the back and he grunted, temporarily paused. I turned around and took the opportunity to shove my sword into his back.

"Behind you!" Talisa called. She was lingering by the entrance to my prison.

I instantly turned and jumped as the man's sword swung for my legs. I swiped for his neck, and was surprised when his head came clean off.

"Whose sword is this?" I asked as another man and I circled each other.

"Ser Jaime's!" Talisa called, and I took my eyes off of the man I was circling for a moment.

Why would Jaime Lannister give me his sword? It did not make sense. Then again, he had been telling me details of the war and the happenings. Maybe he was not all bad- for a Lannister.

My attention was taken back to the man I was fighting when his sword sliced my arm, and I let out a yell of pain. I turned back to him and shoved my sword into his stomach.

Suddenly arms encircled me from behind, and I elbowed the person holding me in the pelvis, hoping to hurt the man's private parts.

"Won't work on me, my queen," A familiar voice said, and I gasped, turning around.

"Brienne!" My eyes filled with tears as I looked my friend in the eyes.

I saw someone over her shoulder swinging for her back, and I pushed her out of the way. The man's sword cut into my stomach- not much, but enough to bleed.

I twirled my sword and ignored the pain in my abdomen. I sliced at his knees and watched as he fell to the ground. I stabbed him in the stomach, and pulled out my sword.

There were a lot fewer Lannister men now, and a lot more Stark men.

"My queen!" Brienne gasped as I turned to her. Her eyes were on my stomach, and I suddenly felt faint. I looked down and saw the blood on my stomach.

"Talisa!" I called weakly, glancing at my healer friend as I collapsed. Brienne caught me as men fought around us, and Talisa rushed to my side.

I felt so tired, and my eyes were slowly closing.

"Tell Robb that I love him," I muttered, before taking a deep breath and closing my eyes.