ix

There were so many people. The party had began just as the sun was beginning to set, and now it was completely dark. There was no more sun shining through the windows into the Great Hall. The entire place was lit by candles.

I had met more people than I even had in my whole life. They all came to pledge their allegiance to Robb, or offer congratulations. Or both.

I liked attention, I could easily admit, but this was growing to be tiring.

Then again, I suppose I would have to grow used to it as Queen.

Obara and Sarella had left just after the party started, and I ached for them to be here again.

I wished my whole family could be here. The image of Robb's family- all from his mother's side- next to him flashed in my mind. Then my side, with only two of my sisters.

I thought about Arya. I needed to tell Robb soon, after the party. I hoped she was alright.

From what I'd heard, though, she could hold her own.

"You should be smiling at your wedding," A voice from beside me spoke up, and I glanced at Robb.

The sight of him brought a smile to my lips, and I let out a small sigh.

"Just thinking about my family," I admitted.

He looked surprised that I did not have a smart-aleck comeback, but he recovered quickly.

"I know you wish they could be here. I do too. I wish that I could have asked your father for your hand properly, and that he could've walked you down the aisle to me. But remember what you said once, perhaps we can throw a second wedding," He finished.

I felt my chest tighten after that, and my eyes stung. Robb was so unbelievably kind. Much better than I deserved.

I didn't bother to point out that he didn't need to ask for my hand because our marriage was arranged. But I did point out that he didn't need to ask for another reason.

"You would not need to ask my father for my hand. I'm my own woman," I said, my voice growing warmer with each word.

"There is the Elli I know," He said, an amused smile gracing his lips, "Fighting for your own honor."

The term of endearment, 'the Elli I know' made me breathless in the best kind of way.

"So, when are you two going to be giving the seven kingdoms some heirs?" Hoster Tully spoke up from down the table.

Robb choked on the wine he had begun to drink. Catelyn patted his back as he coughed, and I simply chuckled.

"Father-" Catelyn started.

"As soon as possible," I interrupted her, looking at him as I grinned, "And with the way we Dornish work, I'll probably be pregnant come morning."

There was a moment of silence before everyone at the table bursted into laughter. Excluding Catelyn, who looks shocked, and Robb, who was still recovering from choking. Although I knew by the familiar sparkle in his eyes that he was amused. His face was flushed as well, and I don't know whether that was from the talk of our sex life, or the wine

"You've got a good wife Robb, one with a quick tongue. Those are the best," Hoster winked at his grandson, and Robb smiled lightly, slightly uncomfortable, and nodded.

"Thank you for handling them," Robb leaned closer to whisper, and I nodded, smiling at him.

"We're a team now, right? And besides, the blush on your cheeks is cute," I smirk at him, and he narrowed his eyes playfully.