11| I do think my brother likes you.

At your absolute best,
you still won't be good enough
for the wrong person.
At your worst,
you'll still be worth it
to the right person.

Kathy's POV

After our tea party, Jasmine had to go pack for her sleepover. When she left the room, Anthony leaned down so I could climb his back. "Really?" I ask, surprised he's actually going to give me a tour while giving me a piggyback ride.

"Hop on Sunshine." He says, securing his hold around my thighs. I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my chin on top of his head.

"I've never been inside of a mansion," I say, excitedly looking around.

He chuckles and says, "Being a rich gang leader has its advantages."

I freeze, forgetting he was a gang leader. "You're not a part of Nefarious, right?" I ask, not sure if I should fear for my life. Calm down. He hasn't killed you.

"No." He says sternly. "They're one of the gangs fighting for our customers. A bunch of motherfuckers if you ask me." Relief floods through me.

"Why?" He asks curiously.

"Samuel is friends with them. They could have easily kidnapped and killed me if he asked." I answer.

Anthony stops walking and slightly turns his head to face me. "That won't happen, okay? I'm going to protect you."

I rest my head on his shoulder and murmur, "You're too nice."

"Only for you." He says, winking at me. I laugh, and he continues with the tour.

The doorbell rings, and Anthony starts walking toward the front door. "You can put me down," I say.

"No can do, Sunshine." He says, peeking through the window.

Jasmine comes running with a packed bag and says, "Love you guys, bye."

She unlocks the door, and Anthony asks, " You promise mom said you could spend the night?"

"Yes, before she left for her friend's wedding, she told you." She says.

"Oh ya..." He says, recalling the memory.

Before Jasmine leaves the porch, she turns and says, "Don't have too much fun without me."

"We won't," Anthony says, laughing.

"I was talking to Kathy." She says, ignoring his response.

I smile and say, "I will miss you, Jasmine."

"I left you some Oreos in case you have a tea party together." She says.

"You know I wouldn't share with Anthony," I say, pointing at him.

"I will drop you right now," Anthony whispers.

Jasmine doesn't hear and says, "Good. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I give her a small wave, and she walks away. "She obviously likes you." He mutters, closing the door.

"Everyone does," I say, not hearing a response back.

"I'm hungry. Wanna get McDonald's?" I ask.

"No way, I'll cook you some food. Their food sucks." He says, sounding disgusted.

I scoff and say, "We can't be friends anymore. Their food is amazing! Especially their fries. And their hot cakes are to die for!"

He rolls his eyes and says, "Whatever you say, Sunshine."