20| Sarcasm doesn't look good on you.

When I'm with you, hours feel like seconds.
When we're apart, days feel like years.

Kathy's POV
(A week later!)

I wake up to my alarm and sigh. I take a deep breath and get out of bed. A week ago, I shot my dad. A week ago, Jasmine was kidnapped. A week ago, I had a family. Uh no. Fine, a week ago, I had someone who shared the same blood as me. Now I'm alone in this world. What a depressing opener.

With that thought, I glance at a picture of my mom and me sitting at my desk. Knowing I didn't actually murder Samuel did help me cope with the situation.

It turns out that when the ambulance arrived, Samuel was saved. After his surgery, he was in recovery. But some gang he worked with killed him. He knew too much, and he was planning on using that information against them.

As for Will... I hope he's rotting in hell with Samuel. After Anthony reassured me his death was not my fault, I didn't feel as guilty. You barely knew the guy. I'm glad he's dead.

After I make breakfast, I go to my bathroom to get ready. I grab my belongings and wait for Cece to pick me up. The nice thing about this area is that Cece is close enough that we can carpool now.

Outfit:

When she arrives, I slip in, and she quickly hugs me

When she arrives, I slip in, and she quickly hugs me. Then she grabs my hands and asks, "How are you feeling?"

I finally told her about Samuel dying, and she cried tears of joy. She pulled me into a long hug and said she wished she had done more to help me. But her staying by my side since high school has made life less of a hell.

I squeeze her hands and say, "I'm getting better. I sometimes get confused if I should be grieving or not, but I'm slowly coming to terms with all of it."

"Slow progress is still progress." She says.

When we get to school, we separate to get to our first classes. I sometimes think people know what I did, but then I remind myself that no one knows me.

I get to my first class and sit at a desk in the back. When the bell rings, Anthony makes it just in time. He spots me and slips into the desk next to me.

"How are you?" He whispers with a concerned look.

I softly smile and say, "I'm okay. Getting better."

"If you ever need-" He starts to say before I cut him off.

"I know. I appreciate it." I say.

"What are friends for?" He says with a shrug.

"Ya..." I laugh, ignoring how my heart feels. Haha, you caught feelings. Shut up.

"Are you free after school?" He asks randomly.