17| Does it hurt your ego that I beat your ass?

Life doesn't give us purpose.
We give life purpose.
~The Flash

Kathy's POV

Alessia convinced me to have a late lunch with her friends, including Anthony. When everyone was leaving, Alessia asked me, "Do you need a ride home?"

I smile at her offer and say, "It's okay. I see your car is already jam-packed."

We glance at the guys squished in the back, and she laughs. "You sure?" She asks.

"I'll be fine. I'll see you around." I say while she gives me a quick hug. I grab my phone and pull up the Uber app. I'm about to pay for a ride when Anthony walks up behind me.

"Do you have a ride home?" He asks, giving me a concerned look.

I shake my head and try to make up an excuse. He sees through my facade and says, "That's okay. I can take you."

"Really?" I ask uncertainly.

"Let's go." He says, flashing me a smile. He's adorable. Fucking dimples. It'd be easier to stop liking him if he was ugly and had a lousy personality.

He leads me towards his car and opens the door for me. I slip in and buckle up. "Sorry, Michael taking me to you was not in my plans. I didn't mean to interfere with whatever your weekend plans are."

"Nothing to be sorry about, Sunshine." He says. He clears his throat and asks, "Anyone catch your eye before Michael brought you here?"

I snort and say, "Nope. Cece is usually the one who gets laid while I just get tipsy. Might've gone a little overboard knowing I'm a lightweight."

He chuckles and says, "Give me your phone."

"Why? What are you doing?" I ask, watching him type something in.

"I should have done this sooner, but... There's my number in case you have an emergency or something. We'll see each other a lot now that you're a part of my gang." He says, handing it back.

"You've made a grave mistake Anthony. There's a lot of chaos I can do with your number." I say, faking an evil tone.

"I'll take those chances, Sunshine." He says, turning on the engine.

"So, how do we get to your apartment?" He asks. I give him my address, and he lets me control the music.

15 minutes later, I say, "Well, this is it!"

I climb out of Anthony's car, and he asks, "Do you want me to walk you to your door?" He's a keeper, alright. Shut up.

"So you can know exactly where I live? I think not." I tease. We both laugh, and I slowly move towards the entrance.

"You know I lost on purpose, right?" He asks. I roll my eyes and look him in the eye.

"Sure..." I say sarcastically. "Does it hurt your ego that I beat your ass?"

"I let you." He says, trying to defend himself.

"In your dreams," I say, winking.

He smirks and says, "Yep. You are in my dreams. You're under me while I'm-"