19| I should have killed you sooner.

Don't think too much.
Everything is gonna be okay.

Kathy's POV

I cock the gun and aim. I pull the trigger, and it hits my target. I turn around and see Anthony clapping.

"You're surprisingly really good at aiming for a beginner. I wonder what else you could do with those hands." He says, winking.

I roll my eyes and punch his arm. "I'm still armed," I say.

"You would never shoot me." He counters.

"We'll see..." I say.

"You'll have that on you for safety. But don't feel like you have to shoot everyone when we get there. It may seem easy with targets, but it might feel different aiming at a human." He explains.

"Hopefully, it doesn't have to come to that," I say. I don't think we could actually kill someone. Right? Ya, even in the ring, I never wanted to kill someone.

It's time." Blue says. "Everyone get in their vehicles and stick to the plan. If you have any complications, talk to Will through your devices."

When I get in Anthony's car, I feel my heart pound. We're going to die! What if we get taken? What if we can't find Jasmine?

"Hey," Anthony says, taking hold of my hand. I try to focus on the warmth it brings and try to calm down.

"We're gonna be fine, okay? I've got your back." He reassures.

"Okay," I say, squeezing his hand. Neither of us let go, and neither wants to bring it up. Y'all better kiss before shit goes down. Um, what?

We park in a secluded area and exit the car. Then, we all silently approach Nefarious' warehouse. The main groups separate, entering the building in different areas.

When we first step inside, there's no one in sight. I start opening doors, but no one is inside. Upstairs, we begin to hear shots being fired. Hurry!

I hear a few people running in our direction, and I glance at Anthony with wide eyes. He sees me panic and whispers, "Keep opening doors. I'll be right behind you."

I nod and keep checking the rooms. Thankfully, the footsteps turned in a different direction. "Any luck?" I ask Anthony.

"No." He says, scanning a room.

"Will, I can't find Jasmine. Are there any more rooms I can look in on this floor?" I ask through my earpiece.

I hear no response, just static. What the fuck? "Will?" I ask again. I turn to Anthony and ask, "Is your earpiece working?"

He checks and shakes his head. "Fuck." He mutters.

I glance at the end of the hall and see it's the rooms Will said not to check. He said it was a waste of time. I'll check, just in case.

I open the door and use my flashlight to brighten the dark room. "Kathy!" I hear someone shout.

I shine the light at them and see Jasmine tied up with another person. Relief washes over me, and I say, "Anthony!"

He comes running into the room, pointing his gun in our direction. "Thony! You guys came for me." Jasmine says.

Anthony moves to untie her and says, "Of course, we would. You're my sister."