B O N U S C H A P T E R ~ 2

A baby is something you carry
inside of you for nine months,
in your arms for three years,
and in your heart until the day you die.

Kathy's POV

Anthony and I have been married for two years now, and I'm now pregnant with a girl. I'm near my due date, so it could happen anytime now.

I watch the news when I feel like I'm sitting in a puddle. Well, that's gross. Not again.

"Anthony!" I complain.

"Yes, Sunshine?" He asks, coming into the living room.

"I peed..." I say with a pout, raising my arms.

"I've got you." He says, gently wrapping his arms around my waist. I glance at the couch's stain and then feel a pain in my stomach. Maybe you have a fat shit coming.

I tighten my hold around Anthony and moan in pain. "Anthony." I pant out. "My water just broke."

He can tell it's not a pee stain, and his eyes widen. "Shit!" Anthony shouts, frantically moving. He grabs our packed diaper bag, carries me to the garage, and starts heading to the hospital.

I start whimpering in pain, and Anthony offers me his hand to squeeze. "We're almost there, Sunshine. Soon we'll be able to hold our daughter." He says, trying to cheer me up. I smile and continue to do my breathing exercises.

When we get to the hospital, Anthony shouts, "Help, my wife is in labor!" A few nurses start running toward us with a wheelchair, and Anthony lowers me to sit on the chair. Holy shit, this is actually happening!

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

"Ma'am, you're almost there. Just keep pushing." The doctor says.

I glare at the doctor and shout, "Bitch, I am pushing!"

Anthony laughs and says, "You're doing great, Sunshine! Half her body is out."

I scream and shout, "This is all your fault!"

Anthony smirks and says, "It takes two to tango... Because I remember you-"

I direct my glare at him and say, "Shut the fuck up."

Anthony laughs, and I squeeze his hand harder. "I hate you!" I shout in pain.

He kisses my sweaty forehead and says, "I love you too."

A few more seconds later, I heard our baby crying. When they returned with her all cleaned up, they let me hold her.

"She's beautiful," Anthony says, watching her curl her tiny fingers around his pinky.

I smile and say, "She has your nose."

The doctor asks, "Have you guys chosen a name for her?"

We glance at each other and say, "Adalynn Marie Ryder."

I let Anthony hold her when I start to fall asleep.

"I love you," I whisper.

Anthony kisses my cheek and says, "My girls are the most important beings to me. We'll be right here when you wake up, Sunshine."

I finally have my own family, and I feel like everything will be just fine. I'll miss this book. Really? After all these years, and you're still on that bullshit?

<~~~~~~~~~~>

I hope you enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it! 🙃

Thank you for reading, commenting, or voting! ❤️

You should follow me if you want to read any other books of mine! 😆

I hope you'll read the sequel! 🙏

It's about their daughter!

(But it's also a stand-alone.)

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋