Chapter 2 - Fawn

Fawns footsteps echoed on the concrete road as she ran down the road. All she could think about was to keep running and get away from him. Her whole body ached and she felt dizzy and light headed from the blow her head had received. She knew she needed to find somewhere safe and soon. Her limbs protested all her movements and she would pass out soon if she didn't stop. Still she kept running, terrified of what lay behind her. Was he chasing her?

Fawn was beating herself up internally, she knew it was risky to go back to the warehouse during the night, but she had thought she could do it this once as she had lived there for some time without any problems, sleeping for a bit during the day and doing vireos jobs through the night that would give her cash for items like food, clothes and belongings. Fawn knew she didn't own much but what she had, she had earnt.

Today she had worked a double shift at the hotel where she received the odd jobs as a cleaner. The hotel provided some of her nicest work as although it wasn't a high-end hotel, the guests were better than those at the motel she also worked at. Not being one to refuse money fawn had taken on the other shift that was offered to her, not knowing when she would get the chance to come back to the hotel. The owner was aware of her situation and in return for him giving her the occasional job she worked at a lower price (living on the streets there were not many places that would offer jobs to her).

Having been working for almost twenty-four hours with no food in her belly, Fawn had been exhausted. She decided to risk returning to the warehouse just to catch a few hours' sleep. She had been stupid and careless and now she was paying for it.

Her attacker had struck in the middle of night while she had been fast asleep, Fawn had woken to hand wrapped around her throat and the large man smirking down as he straddled her struggling form. Being tiny, Fawn posed no strength against this mountain man who trapped her.

Surprising both him and her Fawn had brought her knee up hard and sharply, hitting him right in the crown jewels. Chase, her best friend had taught her that move before he left for the marines, he was worried about the small girl on her own and made sure to teach her some self-defence before he left. He even went so far as to buy he a burner phone that he could call whenever he could to check up on her. He had been gone for six months now and fawn missed him terribly.

They had both grown up on the streets together, Chase was three years older than her and had found her half dead in an ally after a particularly cold night when she couldn't find shelter. Fawn remembered waking up to find the blonde-haired boy carrying her small body out of the ally to a rundown 'apartment' where he wrapped her in old tatty blankets. It was the kindest thing someone had ever done and she was taken with him immediately and they became inseparable. That was the first-time Chase had saved her life and his self-defence lessons, however dodgy they were, might have just saved her life again.

Fawn remembered as the hands left her neck as the man cried out in pain, clutching his balls and he cursed at her. Twisting Fawn struggled out of her make shift cot and started running to the door.

The groaning man noticed his victim escaping and tackled her retreating form to the ground. Pinning her with his body. Fawn's hands rose to protect herself as the mountain let out his anger in her in the form of punches and slaps. through all her turmoil fawn spotted a brick near her right hand, shifting slightly whilst using her left hand to try and protect herself from her tormentors fist she grasped the brick in her hand and using all her strength slammed it into the man s head. Feeling his body become limp she squeezed out and ran not looking back.

And now here same was running down an empty road in town in her tatty pgs., not knowing where to go, she wasn't even wearing shoes. He feat were bruised and bloody. Eventually she tripped her hands flailing out to stop her fall. She winced as the cement ripped through the skin of her hands and knees. Not having the strength to get back up she lay there on the side of the road letting her tears fall.

It wasn't long before she heard roaring engines and saw three lights getting closer to her. Fawn curled up into a ball squeezing her eyes shut and prayed that its wasn't the mountain man who attacked her. She suppressed a whimper as the engines stopped and she heard heavy footsteps starting in her directing. She could hear gruff voices but the blood rushing through her ears because of her terror meant she couldn't hear the words she spoke. Her vision was getting blurrier and blurrier as she fought the oncomes sleep looming over her

She flinched as she felt a rough hand on the shoulder and a hasky voice telling her they went going to hurt her. Gentle callouses hands lifted her chin to meet soft bottle green eyes and a handsome face. All fawn could get out before the dark ness overcame her was a small

'help..' 

- Hope you guys enjoy 

Kiki the kiwi 🥝