Chapter 26 - Rider

Rider watched as Fawn disappeared into the bathroom. He turned and sat down on the bed, still cursing at Chase for ruining their moment. He pulled out his phone checking his messages hoping for news about Fawn's stalker as he heard the shower starting.

He had asked Wielder to find any and all information on her stalker that he could such as the security footage of when the doves were put in Wilders office. He just wanted to see the fuckers face.

It had occurred to Rider that it could have been inside job. He had a trouble believing this however, he and his brothers were close. They knew everything about each other and had been around for him long before this problem started. They'd had no new prospects for 3 months and him and Hawk had done extensive background research on each one.

He could see no connection.

Rider turned his mind to happier things. He planned to take Fawn on a date that night. It was a surprise. He had asked to borrow Tank's truck and he loaded it up with blanket and pillows as was planning to take her drive inn movie. He wanted the night to be special, however he worried about her safety.

Although Ash was coming with Poppy to the movie, Smokey and Ink had aggreged to tag along and be in the background in case everything went to shit. It was agreed they would take Fawn back to the club and protect her with their lives if her stalker decided to make an appearance.

Rider laughed as he thought about the two bikers sitting through the old movie complaining about not being able to bring a date. He would hear about it after and he would owe them both a favour.

Rider lay back on the bed thinking about Fawn's face when she found out where they were going that night. Her angelic smile that would light up her face and her eyes which would shimmer in excitement. He knew she had ever gone to anything like it and he felt a deep since of masculine pride.

He initially was going to bring Chase along but after he couldn't find the biker he had asked ink and Smokey. He wouldn't lie he was glad the brother wouldn't spoil his time with his Bambi, no matter how good hearted it was.

His eyes drifted shut as he listened to the sounds that surrounded him, the bird outside singing, the gentle wind causing a light hush to undertone the birds song. Inside the room he listened to the soothing sound of water hitting marble, he tuned his ears to listen to the gentle tune Fawn always hummed in the shower.

But he couldn't hear it.

He sat up, listening more intently. Vagally he noticed the water sounded undisturbed as it crashed from the shower head into the marble floor of the shower. Checking his phone he noticed that Fawn had been in the shower for a long time. He had got lost in his thoughts and hadn't noticed the time ticking by.

As he knocked on the bathroom door he prayed she was just taking her time.

'Bambi!' he called over the water. His gut clenched as there was no reply. He imagined her lying on the bathroom floor, unable to respond.

Had she tripped?

He banged on the door harder this time. Demanding and answer. 'Fawn are you ok?' he shouted through the door still to be met with silence.

'Fawn, if you don't answer me, I'm coming in.' he told her. He waited for an answer and growled as her melodic voice didn't speak up.

'I'm coming in,' he called, worried for her safety and hoping she wouldn't be mad at him.

He tried the door and cursed as he found it locked. He paced the room cursing before heading back to the door.

'Bambi, I'm going to knock the door down if you don't speak to me' he said placing his head on the door listening intently.

He cursed again as he was met with silence. Drawing back and he brought his leg up, kicking the door where the lock was situated. The wood splintered and the door swung open. He strode in, his eyes scanning the room for Fawn, but the room was empty.

'Fawn!' he roared. She was gone.

The shower had been left running, but the floor around the shower was dry meaning Fawn had never been in the shower to start with. He turning the shower off, confused, his eyes still scanning around the room like she would just appear behind him, giggling at him being silly for worrying.

His eyes narrowed in on a note placed carefully on the countertop of the sink. He stormed over and snatched the note and fighting with himself for the patience to read the note. He fought not to punch the wall when he read Fawns message.

Rider,

I know you are going to be angry with me for doing this but I am sorry, I cannot just stand back when people I love are being hurt because of me.

He has Chase. He said that he would give him back in exchange for me. I have to go and I hope you know that this has nothing to do with us. If I had told you about this you would have never let me go. I hope you understand why I am doing this.

I'm sorry for making you worry about me. I ask that you don't come after me even though I know you will. I can't have you hurt Rider. It would break me of I lost you or any of the club.

Thank you for taking such good care of me and I wish I could return the favour.

I love you

Fawn.

Rider sunk to his knees rereading and rereading the note again and again. He had no doubt the 'he' she was Referring to washer stalker.

The fucker had got to her through the thing she valued the most, her family.

Rider was vaguely aware of his brothers gathering in his room, probably alerted at his shouting and the crash the door made when he kicked it in.

Numb, he stood up and stormed out of the bathroom only to be stopped by Tank and Hawk.

'Woo brother' Hawk said standing in front of him, his hands in a defensive position 'Calm down, whereas Fawn? What's happened?' he ask keeping his distance from Rider who was shaking with rage. Rider himself didn't even trust himself not to lash out in his fury.

Dimly he pushed the note into Hawk's hand who scanned it quickly and cursed before handing it to Tank who did the same.

Tanks hand landed on Rider's shoulder

'We will find her brother' he told him and Rider nodded. He would find her and make the fucker who made her leave, pay.

- A/N 

Hey Kiwis!!! Sorry this update took so long but i have been at camp!

VOTE ANND COMMENT 

(please!)

kiki the kiwi - The fruit bowl's best!! 🥝