Chapter 18 - Rider

Rider drank his beer as he eyed Wielder's office. Inside were Wielder and Chase. Rider didn't know what they were talking about but he could guess. His bambi was upstairs sleeping upstairs. The poor little thing had worn herself out today. Rider sometimes forgot she was still recovering. It was funny to see her become angry with Gunner when they were packing her stuff up. All the bikers had pitched in to help get her stuff from the warehouse to the SUV but in reality, there was very little belongings to be moved.

When Gunner moved to pick up the old army lock box his bambi and smacked the back of his head and told him not to touch it. All the bikers had laughed as Gunner rubbed the back of his neck. Rider wasn't sure what was inside the bock but he now had a clue from where it come from. Chase had eventually taken it, placing in in the back of Wielder's SUV.

Rider tensed as Wielder's door opened, pulling him from his inner thoughts. Chase walked out with a smug smile on his face that Rider didn't like. Glancing around the room his eyes landed on Rider, smirking.

'Alright listen up you shitheads' Wielder shouted, demanding everyone attention.

'Chase, here, has agreed to prospect' he announced. Several cheers went up while, Rider stayed quiet. Wielder handed a biker cut to him. Chase took it and donned it. After playfully saluting Wielder as he walked to the bar. Bikers patted him on the back as he passed him and when he reached the bar he grabbed a beer and turned to face Rider.

'What about the marines?' Rider asked, trying to find a subject to talk about. Fawn had told him the guy was in the marines, he visited every few months or so. Caught the sad look in her eyes whenever she talked about him going back to the marines. He didn't like the guy but if he was important to Fawn and now a prospect he better learn to like him.

Chase sighed, 'I was on my last trip out anyway' he started, taking a long gulp of his beer. 'I never mint to be away for so long. I didn't want to leave Fawn on her own, it was mint to be a four-month thing, go in train, sort my life out so Fawn would be ok'

'So, you left her on her own,' Rider growled out. He would never leave his poor girl by herself, he would fight to stay by her side.

'I was away for longer than expected. I came home to cheek on her, gave her a phone that I could call her on and it was her who told me to go back for longer. I didn't like that I was leaving he on her own. I taught her basic self-defence and this was my last tour.' He told him. His voice cold and hard. Rider could see that the guy cared about Fawn but that didn't ease his mind.

'You still left her,' he grumbled.

'You think I didn't know that? You think I didn't want to be with her? To producer her? Christ, she my best friend, she's like a little sister to me. She family and that means a lot to me. It killed me when I had to leave her, it killed me man. With all the shit, she went through with her dad, it killed me to leave her,' he spat, hanging his head. Rider froze, what else had his gill gone through.

'What shit with her dad?' he asked. Trying to keep his voice neutral. Chase sighed.

'Before I found her, when her dad kicked he out on the streets he would hit her,' he told him, his voice laced with anger. Rider cursed.

'About two years ago, I tracked the fucker down ruffed him up. He's not doing well, druggie living in a shit hole'

'Where does the fucker live?' Rider bit out trying to rain in his anger.

'Telling you is not going to help' he told him taking another swig of his beer. 'Believe me I wouldn't turn down a little road trip to go end the bastard but when Fawn found out, weal she was mad. Something you will learn about Fawn is that she Forgives people way to easily, she already forgave the shithead, said that he made her who she was, gave her strength to fight' Chase explained

Rider sat back and processed this information. He already knew his girl had a kind heart but he didn't think that is was that golden. He still wanted to eliminate her dickhead of a father but if she didn't want Chase to he doubted that She would want him too. When she felt safe enough to tell him, he would bring up the subject of killing him then. He hadn't known about her father and it amazed Rider even more now that his girl had survived this long without becoming broken. His girl was the strongest person he knew.

'You're ok' he told Chase. He didn't want to admit it but he could see that he cared for Fawn and would do anything to help her.

'You're not so bad yourself,' he replied hold in out his bottle. Their two beer bottles clinked together as the bikers drunk. The two bikers spent the rest of the night talking, when Rider explained to him all about her stalker, the blond man cursed.

'I called her when I got back from the airport but she didn't pick up. I decided to go get a present for her, I was surprising her that I was back. I got her new pencils as she loves to draw. Christ if she wasn't so unsure about her drawings she could make serious money off them'. Rider nodded, already thinking about how to turn the space behind the garage into a small art store. Lots of people came in to get their cars done and he was sure that his grill could find good business somewhere. Chase's voice pulled him from his schemes

'If I had been quicker, if I hadn't decided to get her something, I could have been there, I could have helped her' the Biker announced dejectedly, hanging his head.

'There are a lot of ifs,' Rider told him, 'But we can't hang on the past, she has a stalker and right now our main priority is keeping her safe, and that we can do' he told him. Rider had bittern himself up about how she had gotten attacked, was still beating himself up but Rider knew he could have done anything. What they needed to focus on now was Fawn, keeping her safe and happy.Vote and comment!!

- Kiki kiwi - world's best fruit author 🥝