Chapter 4 - Fawn

I'It's time to wake up now Bambi.'

A low husky voice roused Fawn from her slumber. Never before had she slept so well. Her hard-wooden bed never allowing a comfy sleep. Fawn lay there comfortable in semi-awareness wanting to retreat back to sleep but knowing that she would have to get up soon to do the rounds at the motel. Her body ached, even the soles of her feet. Why did the soles of her feet hurt? Groaning she snuggled back into the warmth that enveloped her. Shifting to get comfy.

She froze when she felt a hand stroke her hair. Who was that? The fog cleared from her mind as she remembered the events of the night. She had been sleeping and then the mountain man attacked her. Was that him stroking her hair!! Shit she had to get out of there. She certainly had no desire to be any man's captive at this moment, hell at any moment. The man, obviously feeling her body stiffen continued to stoke her hair, muttering that it was ok and that she shouldn't be scared, that she was safe. The low husky voice didn't sound like the gruff one off the mountain man.

Raking her brain back further she remembered running and the engines and, oh God she had hit Mountain man with a brick! Had she killed him. She didn't mean to harm him she just wanted him to leave her alone. oh, god was she a murderer? Fawn began to hyperventilate on the verge of having a panic attack. She might be a murderer.

'Shhh, Bambi its ok, calm down your safe here, its ok' the voice said gently. Fawn didn't know why but she felt comforted by the voice. Slowly peeling her eyes open Fawn's hazel eyes met soft Bottle green ones.

'H-hi,' she stuttered unsure of what to do. Who was the man with the beautiful eyes? Did he know he had the most beautiful eyes she had ever seen? The man pulled back smiling softly down at her. She now had the very pleasurable view of him. His jaw looked as if it could cut diamond, day's old stubble resided on his jaw. He had a big frame, and was wearing a tight blue t-shirt that was stretched arose broad shoulders. A light chuckle snatched Fawns attention away from ogling the beautiful specimen before her.

'See something you like?' he asked her, smirking when she blushed a deep red colour. embarrassment she had been caught staring at the beautiful man in front of her.

'Maybe...' she muttered quietly her eyes darting away from his out of embarrassment.

It papered she was in an ... office? She was laying on a black leather couch, which was extremely comfy. Next to the couch was a window. She was at an angle where she couldn't see out of it, but it was obviously designed so the person who sat at the desk across the window could observe what was going on inside.

'You're too cute, Bambi' the gorges man muttered drooping down on the couch next to her and brushing a lock of her hair out of her face. Although Fawn did not know this man, his touch felt so loving, so caring so... right.

'Bambi?' she asked, curious to the nickname

'You have great big Bambi eyes and you look like a little baby deer, so I'm calling you Bambi' he said chuckling at the bewildered expression

'My name's Fawn' she said quietly, watching as his smile widened if it was even possible

'Then Bambi is perfect' he announced as she giggled, 'Well Bambi, my name is Rider' he introduced himself. He held out his hand for her to shake in a silly manner. Fawn tentatively reached out and slipped her tiny hand into his huge one.

'Now we've been introduced, I want to know what you were doing lying in the middle of the road looking half dead,' his goofy smile faded and an angry expression replaced it. Fawn, knowing that she owed Rider an explanation, began to explain why she was on the road in the middle of the night. She didn't know the gut but he had picked her up, if he had wanted to hurt her he could of, instead he had given her a comfy couch to lay on and had made her laugh.

'Well, you know the old ware houses out by St James's street?' she started carefully, he nodded encouraging her to continue 'well . . .I live in the third one down'

- Kiki the kiwi 🥝