Chapter 31 - Fawn

Fawn stared in disbelief at the man in front of her, she couldn't believe her eyes what she was seeing. The man's in front of her, her brother's, hand move to extend his arm but when she just stared at it confusedly he withdrew turning to her father a 'What now?' expression posted on his face.

Her father not missing a beat placed a hand on his shoulder, they were similar heights around, six foot one, and both seemed to tower over her -the height gene was obviously dormant in her.

This whole situation did not make sense, Fawn didn't have a brother, she wouldn't know even if she did but then a thought struck her – Did her Father kick him out, as he did to her. She scrutinized him again he appeared to look about 20 and certainly did not resemble a street kid.

'I bet you're confused.' he fathers voice brought her out of her stupor

'I want to see Chase.' she demanded she wasn't in the mood to play her father's mind games, nor would she let herself focus on the uncanny resemblance between her and the man in front of her.

'Now, come on Fawn, don't you want to know the story?' Fawn didn't grace him with an answer glaring at the wall in front of her.

'Three years before you were born your mother was pregnant with Levi here,' he spoke the words with little emotions and took a step back to once more to lean against the desk. 'While I should have been happy that I was going to have a son I had just been fired from my job and owed money to several people, I started picking up an odd job here and there and started drinking heavily.'

Fawn gulped, she knew what effect alcohol had one her father, not to say he wasn't a total bum before but the alcohol certainly tended to his aggressive side

'When the day arrived that Levi was born, your mother wouldn't let me into the delivery room at the time I thought it was just because I was drunk but now I know why she did it.' Fawn glanced at Levi to see him staring at her father with a blank expression plated over his face.

'The doctors told me that the baby was born stillborn, it was only after Levi tracked me down I found out the truth ' the two men exchanged glanced before he continued

'As it turns out Your mother had made a deal with the doctors who smuggled Levi out of the building and to her brother who took him in.' although these actions had happened years ago Fawn hear the anger in his voice

'My Uncle always told me my mother died in childbirth and that my father had died in the military,' Levi continued 'He passed away about a month ago and it was only when I was cleaning out his house I found the letter that our mother had written him, I've always wanted a family so I set out to find her and our father.'

Fawn could see the emotions raging in his eyes as he expressed his want at a family, a feeling Fawn was all-too-familiar with. He began to explain how he had tried to track down their mother to find out how she had died, and then how he had searched for her father and how he had finally found him and how he had been so 'kind' taken him on.

Her Father sighed, 'I think meeting him changed something in me Fawn, He knows about the drinking and about how I wasn't the best Father to you.' Fawn snorted at this 'I've got a new headquarters in New York, we're leaving tomorrow to relocate, I hope over time you will come to see things my way.'

Fawn Couldn't believe him, she could forgive a lot but she couldn't forgive the man in front of her, for years he had been the cause of all her nightmares all her panic attacks and all her fears and now he wants to be a family.

'What if I don't want to go to New York?' she countered 'What if I want to stay here with Rider and Chase?' her father sighed and fawn could swear he clenched his fists