Chapter 6 - Fawn

Fawn clung tightly to Rider's hand as Uncle Ted cleaned, applied ointment and bandaged the cuts on her feet. Although she had felt far more pain in her life, the stinging of the ointment being applied into the open cuts, stung like a son of a gun. Although she tried to keep a brave face on, Fawn couldn't help realising small winces as the doctor worker.

The doctor himself was a kind man who had easily put her at ease, he reminded her as a sought of father figure, despite her father not being the best role model. Fawn eyed the other biker in the room. He was older than rider but younger than Uncle Ted, if Fawn had to guess she would say he was probably in his mid-fifties. Her observant eyes saw his greying hair and his weary eyes.

Like Rider, he had a large burly frame, a hard jaw set and large muscles that could easily end her. She had been informed by Rider that his name was Wielder.

Wielder, sensing her stare turned and winked at her. It looked strange, a huge biker winking at tiny girl in front of him. Fawn suppressed a giggle. Uncle Ted stood up announcing he was done, telling Rider to change the bandages and apply ointment every day. He also advised that if she didn't walk on them for the first couple of days, they should be healed in no time. Her other injuries, such as the bruising on her sides and around her neck would take longer to heal.

Before he left Rider stood up, promising her he would be back soon and went outside with Ted, leaving Fawn alone with Wielder.

The two eyed each other, both unsure on how to start a conversation. Taking the initiative fawn's eyes landed on his leather jacket.

'Your biker vest is really cool!' she said, hoping to ease the tension.

'Thank you Fawn, it is our club's vest' he said, the tension leaving his body 'Our club is the Steel horsemen, I am the president of it, Rider and Hawk my VPs' he told her.

The subject of the club fascinated Fawn as Chase had always mention wanting to join a biker club. He would take her for rides on his Suzuki Marauder before he left for the marines. She wanted to ask more questions about the club. Chase always mentioned how he wanted to join a club. His dad apparently had been in one of the bad clubs, he hadn't said much, only that they did bad things. He told her there were good clubs, and that that was the one he wanted to join. Fawn kept asking questions, curious to know what type of club was the Steel Horsemen. Wielder answer her questions, Fawn found out that she liked the president. He was easy to talk to and he reminded her of the father figure she never had. The two were interrupted by the return of Rider and Uncle ted.

'Fawn, if it is okay with you I would just like to do a general once over' the Ted told her 'A general cheek up, we will only do height and weight today' he continued recognising her confused face and explaining what he wanted her to do.

Soon she had been measured and stepped on the scales. She heard and intake of breath and looked down to the number on the scales. She wasn't that heavy, was she? Poor Rider, he had been carrying her many places.

'Jesus Bambi' she heard Rider mutter. Embarrassment flooding her she stepped of the scales keeping her head down.

'Fawn sweetie, when was the last time you ate something' Uncle Ted asked her tenderly. Fawn though back, she had an apple the day before. It was a big apple and she hadn't been hungry since. Chase always pressured her to eat more.

'I had an apple yesterday' she answered timidly, not meeting anyone's eyes, too embarrassed about her weight. She sensed someone leaning down and rough yet soft and ringlet and cupped her cheeks. Her head lifting and her flaxen hair parting revealing Riders concerned face in front of her.

'Bambi, you should be at least more than 60 pounds heavier for someone your size' he told her, concern evident in his striking green eyes. All Fawn could do was let out a soft 'oh', her body not responding under Rider's captivating stare.

'Besides the apple when was the last time you ate?' Wielder asked from the wall he was leaned up against.

'Well' she began to answer shyly, glancing at Rider who nodded for her to continue 'I had some Raman noodles on Tuesday' she said slowly watching as the two men groaned

'Fuck, Bambi!' Rider muttered 'its Thursday night! You need to eat more' he said before glancing over at Wielder. Seemingly as if they had communicated through their eye contact, Wielder nodded and left his office.

'Where did he go?' Fawn asked Rider watching Wielder leave.

'He's gone to get you some food' Rider replied leading Fawn back down to the leather couch, applying a small amount of pressure on the lower back she climbed onto the comfy couch, stiffly.

'It's ok, I can't afford to pay you back right now, so I can't accept the food' she said regretfully 'I am not hungry and I should be leaving soon anyway' she told him making a move to get up. She had already stayed here for too long, she had no hope in paying these bikers back with what little money she owned but she would certainly try

She didn't know where she would go now, considering she did not know what lay back at the warehouse, or more importantly, who lay back at the warehouse. Oh God! Where would she go?

'You are staying here' Rider told her. What did he say? We must be crazier than her. She couldn't afford the rent of staying the night here

'I c-can't' she told hi timidly. Understanding crossed his face and he scooped her into his arms.

'You're going to stay her with me Bambi, you won't have to be on your own any more, I am going to take care of you now' he told her as a huge Cheshire can't smile crossed her face. She could stay here with him. 'You don't have to worry about anything else' For how long? She didn't care. With a Corus of thank yous she flung her arms round his head snuggling in close to show him her thanks. The only person who had ever taken her in was Chase, and she missed him so much right now. She trusted Rider and felt safe here.

- Kiki the kiwi - 🥝