Chapter 13 - Rider

Rider wanted to kick himself. How could he have been so stupid? If he had just kept his mouth shut and not attacked Tank his little bambi might not hate him. She was in the clubhouse right now tending to his brother.

Although Rider regretted hitting him he was annoyed the biker had caused her panic attack. When he had walked into the club house he found her lying of the floor with his brother crowded around her. She had looked confused and scared and with the new-found information of her stalker Rider had acted out harshly. The look she gave him when she was standing off against him seemed to be permanently implanted in his brain. Christ if he hadn't pulled his punch he would have hit her. He cursed himself for coming so close to hurting her.

Rider was working on an oil change out in the garage. He had gone after her, tried to explain himself and apologise but Gunner told him to give her some space. Rider hated this. He hated the flighty look she got when he approached her.

'Fuck this,' Rider grumbled, throwing down his spanner and threading his hands through his hair. Standing up he went to go find his girl. Other bikers gave him sympathetic looks as they passed him.

Rider entered the club house to find Fawn sitting on a couch sketching wile giggling at something Ink had told her while Smokey leaned round her shoulder trying to peek at her drawing. The two bikers noticing Rider, made themselves scarce.

Rider strode up to Fawn who, too engrossed in her drawings, didn't notice his presence. Rider cleared his throat trying to get her attention. Grinning, she looked up at him, her smile fading though when she realised it was him. A small flash of fear papered in her eyes and Rider immediately wanted to go back and make everything right again.

'Hi' he said sleepily, moving to sit down next to her on the couch. Fawn shuffled over, letting him sit down next to her. The two sat there for a while in silence. 'I'm sorry' he told her trying to convey how truly sorry he was.

'it's okay' she told him quietly. Rider ware his heart skipped a beat, was she saying she forgive him. 'But you need to apologise to Tank' she told him seriously. Rider only noodled happy that she wasn't fazing him out anymore. 'I'm sorry I was being a jerk earlier she told him' handing her head, her flaxen locks falling hiding her face. 'I-I just needed sometime to process' she told him, her voice sounded so venerable and helpless it broke his heart to know it was because of him. Scooping her up into his lap he brushed her hair out of her face, tucking her face into the crook go his neck he rocked her back and forth.

'I know,' he whispered to her softly.

Minutes passes and Fawn stilled in his arms. The poor little thing was exhausted. It was easy to remember she was recovering from all her adventures. Rider was about to carry her upstairs when something caught his eye. Her sketchpad lay open, discarded from where she left it when Rider sat down.

On the page was an accurate drawing of Smokey and Ink as they fooled about but the was not what had caught his eye. Flicking over the page Rider was met with his face staring back at him. It was from the night he had found her. The drawing was through her eyes, she had drawn him as her hero, as he came out of the darkness, extending his hand to help her.

Rider smiled as picked up his precious girl and began to climb the stairs. She stirred as he carried her to his room, mumbling something incoherently. In no time rider had her in his room and placed on his bed. He wished he could stay with her but he had work to do, to find out who in earth attacked his little bambi.

Rider had worked hard with Wielder; the two bikers had spent hours trying to find clues on who was stalking his girl. There were old security cameras that might still be recording but it was a doubtful lead. The only other thing they had was a camera that the two bikers had given to Hawk's brother, Lucas. He was going to run it through the system and see what comes up.

Their work was disrupted by a loud crash and a small feminine squeal. Rider sprinted out the office finding a shocked Fawn staring by a Brick at her feet, a window smashed behind her. Rider cursed as he saw the brick and envelope.

Fawn locked eyes with him before reaching down to the brick, careful peeling the envelope off it. Rider moved to stop her as she opened up the envelope pulling out the note inside. Fawn gasped dropping the note as she stared at the brick, recognition flashing in her eyes.

'is this the ...?' she trailed up examining the brick she had used to get away. Rider only nodded. He didn't know what else to do. 'The man, did I..., is he ... dead,' she asked quietly, keeping her eyes on the brick.

'He's alive,' he told her softly.

'The note. It's from him?'

'We think so,' he told her moving to comfort her. Instead of welcoming his embrace she pushed herself out of his arms.

'I need to go' she muttered fliting around the room, running her hands through her hair as she tried to calm herself. She turned to face him, 'Thank you for everything, I will try to repay you when I can' she told him calmly walking into Wielder's office. Rider watched confusedly as she scanned the office from her shoes. Stopping to pull them on she walked past him. She shouldn't be walking Rider thought as he followed her out the office.

'Where are you going' he asked her as she looked around the room.

'I can't let anyone get hurt because of me,' she announced quietly before smiling sadly at him. She walked forward he small arms rapping around him as she reached up onto her tip toes. Whispering a small 'thank you rider, I won't forget you' before turning around and walking out the clubhouse. Rider just stood there, dumb founded at what was happening. The notes words etched in his mind,

You can run but you can't hide, my little Fawn. Your bikers can't protect you

To celebrate hitting 1.5 k I have introduced a challenge. Whoever adds this book to the best named reading list gets a shout out!! Love you guys!

- Kiki the kiwi – fruit bowls finest! 🥝