Chapter 23 - Rider

Rider's hands expertly flew over the engine of the old ford. Mrs Peterson's car was well due in for a check-up and Rider was busy changing the oil for the old woman. Fawn was curled up on the garage couch humming softly while her nimble fingers flew over her note book. Her humming was music to his ears and he had never felt so at ease before.

Glancing over at her he saw her biting her lip as she looked down at her drawing. Rider's fingers itched to pull her lip from between her teeth but he resisted, turning back to his work but letting his eyes drift shut as her melodic voice washed over him.

He sped up the job, wanting to spend more time with Fawn. In no time at all he was wiping the grease of his hands and dropping down next to Fawn and resting his head in her lap. He sighed in bliss as Fawn fingers began to subconsciously run through his hair, her nails tickling his scalp in the best way.

'What are you drawing?' he asked curiously trying to peak at her notebook.

'N-nothing.' She told him her face flushing red. Rider loved how she would blush at any mention to her drawing. Feeling lucky Rider reached up a hand and snatched her notebook, ignoring the small squeak she let out and the flailing hands that itched to get it back.

Chuckling he examined the drawing. The picture was of him. she had drawn him strong, standing tall and his well-built frame highlighted by the dark shadows that surrounded. What drew his attention was the small body clinging to him in the picture, their face tucked into his shoulder. Fawn had drawn him as she saw him, her protector.

His heart swelled with pride to know that she trusted him so deeply. It troubled him that he was keeping a secret from her. The 3 dead doves had been hung outside his bedroom windows where Fawn was sure to see it. The fucker had wanted to frighten her and would problem have done if gunner hadn't spotted them on his patrol.

Tied round one of the dove's necks hand been a note

My Little Fawn, you have three days to come back to me or I will have to come get you myself. Come now and those bikers you care about won't have to die. Time is ticking Fawn.

Rider's jaw clenched. He owed Gunner a favour for finishing it before he did as he was sure that if Fawn had seen it she would have gone and it would have broken his heart. Rider was never like the other bikers who had dated women and had relationships. His father had been an arrogant jerk who had beet his mother until one day she finally had enough and committed suicide. Rider had been emancipated as soon as he could and never looked back. The last he heard his father was in rehab after being arrested for selling drugs.

Rider had been sceptical when Wielder approached him and told him about the Steel Horsemen. He had just been travelling round on his bike, picking up random jobs in garages when he met him. originally when Eider thought of Bike clubs he thought of the non-legit ones who did jobs for gangs and sold drugs.

He didn't want to have any part of it- he swore to himself he would never become like his father. When he told Wielder of this fact he had laughed before he explained all about the Steel Horsemen, his legit club.

The man had taken him in and the bikers had become his brothers and now he would die for each and every one of them. He was happy with his life and wasn't prepared to let anyone else in. That wasn't to say he had never had random partners but he had never had anyone he had let in. Rider stared down at the drawing. He had never let anyone in until Fawn.

'It's really bad,' he heard Fawn mutter under her breath. Rider couldn't wait any longer, sitting up he turned and cupped her face.

'It's perfect.' he told her before crashing his lips down on hers. He smiled internally as he felt and her her gasp. She was hesitant at first a riddle slowly and softly kissed her coxing her to kiss back. Masculine pride filled him when she began to move her lips against his.

Rider was in heaven but he knew she wasn't ready to go further, pulling back he scatter kissed around her face and smiled down at her flushed cheeks and wild look in her eyes. His girl was truly the most beautiful little thing he had ever seen.

'You're perfect, little Bambi.' he whispered ad he rested his forehead on hers, just content to watch her. Fawn smiled and blushed furiously. The moment was ruined when her phone rung. Rider cursed himself for ever telling Chase to get her one.

Fawns hand scrabbled to find her phone while Rider sat back and watched her flushed actions before snagging the phone from in between the couch cushions and handing it off to Fawn.

'Who is it' he asked trying to peak at the phone

'It's Chase,' she told him looking at the phone contact. Rider sighed, that guy seemed to be interrupting them whenever he was alone with him weather they were in the common room or on a walk round the property the fisher would always show up. He has even bathed into their room this morning and taken Fawn right from his arms muttering about how he was gonna teach her some more self-defence, not that Rider was complaining about that, but the shithead had come in at seven in the morning, startling and waking his girl up.

'Go on then' he huffed but winked at her to let her know he was fine with it after she frowned at his reactions.

'Hey Chase!' she spoke into the phone happily. Rider could of swore he saw her smile falter he reached out and squeezed her hand in reassurance as she continued her conversation. 'No, I'm with Rider.' She told him making Rider yearn to snatch the phone from her and tell him to go away.

'Okay, Okay I'll see you soon' she said before hanging up. her expression looked flustered and Rider leaned forward to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

'What did he want Bambi?' he asked smirking as she shivered under his touch.

'He wants to go on a walk with me in like an hour' she told him, her eyes darting about the room, looking everywhere round the room but to him. he presumes she was just nervous about them so he pulled back and gave her some space trying to let her know that he would take it at her pace

'I think I'm going to go take a quick shower' she told him a small smile plastered on her face as she looked at him with her big doe eyes and bit her lip.

Christ, she didn't know watch she could do to him

'I'll take you back.' he told her greeting up and hoisting her onto his back. Rider smiled as she lent down and buried her face in the crook of his next. He was finally content, this girl was quickly becoming his life

A/N - Hope you guys like!

🥝QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER🥝 - What do we think of Rider's family? / what will Fawn do when she finds out about her stalker's message

Please VOTE and COMMENT 

- Kiki the Kiwi 🥝