40

"Ouch!" I yelled as I burnt myself with Liv's curling iron.

The three of us were at Gen's place,getting ready for Prom. The three of us decided to go together so Liv would meet Victor there.

"I love your dress." Gen gushed after Olivia stepped out of the en-suite bathroom. We all had on Ralph and Russo Haute Couture dresses. Her off-shouldered dress which was a beautiful blend of navy blue and light blue with little snowflake-like patterns-complemented her flawless skin marvelously. Her wavy waist length hair was in a low bun which showed off her natural beach waves with a braid in it.

"Yours isn't half bad." Liv teased and Genesis rolled her eyes. Genesis look absolutely stunning in a lagoon blue strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and multiple gathers with a corset made out of miniature diamonds around the waist. Half of her hair was up in a partial bun while the rest fell gracefully down her back in beautiful curls.

"Do you think I used too much mascara?" I asked,tilting my head a little.

"Nah. Your eyelashes look a lot longer. Oh and I'm loving the dress." Liv said and Genesis muttered something along the lines of 'Why couldn't she just say the same about my dress? It's not like it would kill her.' and Liv laughed.

I had on a midnight blue off-shouldered dress which turned a pale shade of blue near the tips. The top hugged my body like a second skin while the skirt was about as full as it gets. The entire skirt of the dress was decorated with little diamonds. I tied either side of my hair in the middle forming a big and airy bow. The rest of my hair fell down in curls.

"Are you ready?" Gen asked,doing the strap of her shimmery silver peep-toes.

"So ready." Liv said,finishing the wing her her eyeliner.

"Aren't we,like two hours late?" I questioned as I touched up on my lipgloss.

"Yep."

~*~

Prom at st. Hamilton was a big deal. It wasn't one of those dances that would be held in the school's gym or cafeteria. It was held in st. Hamilton's hall-one of the biggest,grandest and fanciest halls in the state.

The girls and I walked through the entrance of the massive ballroom. The lights were dimmed and rays of white-light were going round and round the room.

Every where we turned,there were girls and guys dressed in dresses and tuxedos from the biggest names around the world.

"Attention. Can I have your attention,please?" The voice of Mrs Houston,the headmaster,called out from the wide stage causing everyone to look up at her.

"The time has finally come to announce your prom king and queen!" She exclaimed and cheers rang around the hall.

"As you all should know,winning the title of prom king or queen is a big-" I blocked out the rest of her speech-which lasted forever-and scrolled through my Instagram feed. I didn't even bother to look up when the prom king was announced.

"Um,Monica?" Genesis nudged me with a worried expression.

"Yeah? What's u-"

"And your prom queen for the 2019/2020 academic session is...Monica Montgomery!" She announced. No surprise there.

Applause,hoots and hollers were all one could hear as I put my phone in my tiny Louis Vuitton purse and made my way to the stage,my long hair bounced with each step I took.

It was after I had climbed up the stairs to the stage,gotten my crown and sash that I noticed something that made me pause.

Archer.