⤷ three

༄ chapter three

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

༄ chapter three

-ˋˏ THE TRIAL OF JAMES KIRK ˎˊ-

RUSHING along the abandoned corridors of Starfleet Academy, Vera and Kit were desperate to find this mysterious hearing and find out what it was about, despite Chris' warning against their involvement in such a serious manner. It was rare that anything happened at the academy, as per Vera's own experience at the dreadful place for four years. However guilty Vera herself felt at disregarding Chris' instruction yet again, she felt a certain sense of need to go to the hearing. Though it may have seemed strange, Vera had always trusted her gut, no matter how much trouble it may have gotten her in.

Creeping through the shadows, the two criminals rounded the back of the building they knew to hold hearings. Vera had only been there once before, with her father, but she remembered it in detail, knowing exactly where the back entrance was, as that was where the two had once played a game of hide and seek, one that he ended up permanently playing once he abandoned their family for Vulcan.

"You know the way in, right?" Kit asked as the two pushed along the shrubbery that lined the building, careful to stay in the shadows, lest they be caught by any patrolling security.

Scoffing, Vera hit his shoulder, eliciting a hiss of pain from the young pilot, though she was quick to silence it with a hand over his mouth. "Of course" she replied shortly, shaking her head as her face shrunk up in disgust as she looked at her best friend. As they were walking, Vera had established exactly where Kit had crossed the border in her mind, and that was the moment he decided to insult the man who she considered to be the only father-like figure now.

Looking down at Vera with surprise, Kit scrunched his face, only having experienced Vera's pure rage once, which she wasn't even close to at the moment, though he knew she would burst should he continue along whatever path he had started. "What's wrong, V? Was it what I said about Starfleet, because I thought you agreed with me on that?"

Shaking her head, Vera continued along the building, stopping at a door that blended with the beige exterior of the building. "I'm just mad at you right now, Kit, so I suggest you stop talking before you find out exactly what I think," She said, and even Vera wasn't sure what she was mad about. It may have been herself, who she saw as a disappointment, or it could have just been the fact that she left all her tools on the Avalon, which had been taken from the ragtag duo. It could have simply been that she had her father's temper. 

Tapping on the door with her fist to open it, Vera grabbed onto Kit's sleeve, pulling him inside after doing a quick one-over of the terrain ahead of them. They ended up in a long, thin, metallic hallway smelling of burnt rubber. Vera knew they were inside the hallows of the walls, a place situated for the justices, should an attack happen and they needed someplace to hide. This was the very same place she had hid as a child, though she was determined not to allow the memories of a simpler time consume her.