⤷ eight

༄ chapter eight

༄ chapter eight

-ˋˏ CONSEQUENTIAL DIZZINESS AND A ROMULAN ˎˊ-

"LIEUTENANT?" Vera could vaguely hear someone calling out to her. In her haze, she couldn't understand what was happening, as it was very clear that the sensitivity she experienced through movement was getting much more severe once the USS Enterprise was attacked as soon as it came out of warp, which in and of itself was enough to make her dizzy. 

Having fallen back into an unknown figure's arms, she struggled to stand on her own, her eyes blurred and her head pounding, feeling particularly painful in the area of her scar. The stitches made along that area so many years ago had since ripped many times, and Vera feared that they could have broken open again, but she instead found herself more concerned with simply stabilizing herself. 

"Huh?" She questioned vaguely, trying to make sense of what was happening around her, including the commanding barks from Chris, updates on the stability of the ship from a man at the helm, and the person trying to stabilize her. Even her own voice felt foreign, her words garbled and quiet as she stood, the same person supporting her. 

Finally allowing herself to see in less of a haze, Vera was greeted by a calming blue shirt, her favorite color, a good contrast to the sickening yellow she had become accustomed to seeing on Kit, taking him out of the running for who it could have been, as her vision was still too dotted to make out faces.  In a fleeting moment of relief, she suspected it could have simply been McCoy, until she remembered that he would have simply called her 'Vera' as opposed to the profession title of 'Lieutenant'. Sighing in annoyance, she whittled it down to the only figure in blue left out of the immediate group she had been apart of: Commander Spock. 

Urging herself to get away from the Vulcan, who she had already grown a disliking to in the short time she had bothered to listen to him, Vera pushed off of him, groaning in pain as her mind pounded with the same intensity as what she figured getting one's head crush in between a door would feel like. Still, though, she felt the arms around her, though she pushed them off in favor of a nearly support beam, though that was much harder to hold onto. 

"I wouldn't try to walk too much, Miss Lemuria-Crynn, you're obvious unwell," The voice, Spock, urged in a singular monotone voice that Vera still found to be annoying, even in her frazzled state. 

In her blurred mind, she was still able to defend her name against the toxicity of her father, muttering as she unconsciously grabbed onto the Vulcan for more support than the beam offered, "It's just Crynn." 

"Either way, I suggest you sit down and wait for one of the medics to attend to you." 

"Where's Kit?" Vera asked desperately, just wanting to have the comfort of her friend beside her, rather than that emotionless Vulcan.