⤷ seven

༄ chapter seven

༄ chapter seven

-ˋˏ THE DATE OF HIS BIRTH ˎˊ-

VERA would have rushed after Kirk, just as the others who had watched the idiotic Cadet do after he ran towards Chris, but she was still a bit motion sick, so she just elected to walk across the bridge to the Captains chair. Kit was beside her, still picking at his bright yellow shirt, which seemed to look even worse on him in the intensely bright light of bridge than the protective shadows of the lower decks.

Just as the pair reached the Captain's chair, they, too, were surrounded by the panicked - or, in McCoy's case, annoyed - group, all waiting to see what Kirk had to say that was so important. "Captain Pike, we have to stop the ship!" Kirk said, his breathing short from the antidote his friend had given him, though he was significantly less swollen than he had been only minutes earlier.

"Kirk, how the hell did you get aboard the Enterprise?" Chris said, his face contorted into that of both confusion and offense, as Vera had always known him to take pride in knowing everyone that was on his ship at all times.

McCoy stepped forward to talk for Kirk, who was obviously still just a bit out of it. "Captain, this man is under the influence of a severe reaction of the Melvaran flea vaccine. He's completely-"

He was cut off by an incessant whining noise from Kirk, who had began clinging onto McCoy, leaning against him in a way Vera associated with soap operas, which was almost comical to her.  "Bones, Bones..." He muttered, flinging his arm around the doctors neck. Without thinking, McCoy uncoiled Kirk and handed him off to the closest person directly next to him, which just so happened to be Vera. Kirk was quick to slump against her as well, though their height difference made it so that the Cadet was towering over the engineer, pushing her downwards to the point where she had to strain to keep him up.

"-delusional. I take full responsibility," McCoy finished, looking over at Vera who, at that point, was practically bent over backwards trying to sustain the weight of someone so much larger than her. With one swift movement, the doctor pulled Kirk, who was halfway to the floor, to his chest, holding him upright while Kit pulled Vera closer to himself as she recovered from the shift in gravity she had experienced.

"Vulcan is not experiencing a natural disaster - it's being attacked by Romulans," Kirk declared with confidence, finally standing on his own as the medicine properly kicked in.

Kit stepped forward, a sly smile on his face as he addressed Chris. "Dad, I just wanted it to go on record that Vera and I take no part in his schemes." In response, Chris looked over to the two, rolling his eyes playfully with a smile before turning back to Kirk.