⤷ twenty-two

༄ chapter twenty two

chapter twenty two

-ˋˏ RULES, REGULATIONS, AND REGRESSIONS ˎˊ-

SPOCK and Vera wandered through the halls of the Enterprise, entirely different expressions on their faces as the latter led the former to the lower level of the ship. Vera's was that of anger and a tiredness that had prevailed the moment the crew set out for their six month journey to new planets; she wasn't necessarily mad at the Vulcan beside her, but she knew that, had she not talked Kirk into it, he likely would have died, and then she would be left with no one else to...care about. 

The expression on Spock's face was hesitant, guilt layered deep in his eyes as he knew exactly what Vera was going to say, as she was known to yell at anyone whom she claimed to care for who risked their lives unnecessarily - Vera called it tough love, Spock called it annoying. 

"Commander Crynn, there is no sufficient reason for you to get upset-" 

He was cut off as Vera pushed him into an unoccupied room, the same one she had told him six months earlier she was going to be leaving Starfleet in, only to be convinced to stay, "No reason to get upset? Of course there's a reason to get upset, you half-witted fool!"

Spock looked at Vera surprisingly, as he was rarely called anything close to an ignoramus, but allowed her to continue nonetheless, "When Kirk first set out on that mission to save the Nibiru tribe, I tried to convince you not to go, I told you that risking your life would bring you nothing - did you listen to me? No, of course not! And then, when we try to save your life - after I had already tried to persuade Kirk not to allow you to do such an idiotic act of bravery, which obviously didn't work - you site regulations! Regulations, of all the things to be worried about, was certainly not at the top of our list for any of the process of getting you out of harms way, and yet there you were, sighting rules that you know Kirk would never follow if it meant getting you out safely. And, on top of that, you have the audacity to not be grateful for your salvation, but rather just cold and distant, just like you always are! Honestly, what is it with you?" 

"You are expressing anger, and yet your words suggest worry and frustration," Spock said, entirely disregarding what Vera had said in favor of the way she had said it as she paced in front of the door. 

For a moment, Vera looked at the Vulcan with a blank face, unable to process the thought that her entire rant had gone to waste. She sighed slowly, lowering her head into her hands, "That's not the point, Spock. The point is that you almost died, and when you didn't, you have the audacity to complain about it."