⤷ thirteen

༄ chapter thirteen

༄ chapter thirteen

-ˋˏ EXPULSION ˎˊ-

A general assembly had formed themselves on the bridge, all awaiting a decent plan on how to save Chris and return the rightful position of Captain to him. Vera sat on the arm of the Captain's chair, feeling rather insecure about the fact that the one person whom it truly belonged to was likely being tortured at that very moment. Kit, Kirk, McCoy, and a temporarily unoccupied Darcy flanked her sides, as the moment she had entered the bridge, seeing the seriousness of the situation, she felt it prudent to call her unfortunate friend, apologize for her rashness, and instruct him to meet her where the meeting had been called. 

Kirk had found his seat in the Captain's chair and, though Vera was sour at the fact she herself was not able to reach it in time, had sufficed with sitting on its arm. Attempting to put an arm around her waist subtly, Kirk had been swiftly dealt with and was now sitting as far away from Vera as humanly possible while still in the chair. 

Uhura, Chekov, and Sulu all stood at the helm, while Spock was pacing the area in front of the leveled Captain's chair, looking up every so often and shaking his head when he saw that Vera was still sitting there. She would simply wave awkwardly, trying to make up for the misstep that was their previous conversation, which she still steadfastly regretted. 

Spock looked up at Uhura after a few more minutes of pacing, asking, "Have you confirmed that Nero is headed for Earth?" 

Nodding, Uhura answered, "Their trajectory suggests no other destination, Captain." 

"Commander," Vera corrected, though Spock just shrugged her off with a shake of his head. 

"Thank you, Lieutenant," Spock replied. Vera looked between them with a glance, and a sort of jealousy stirred in her chest, but she quickly shook it off in favor of continuing to stare at the pacing Vulcan.

From the Captain's chair, Kirk spoke up, hunched forward with his head in his hands as he thought aloud, "Earth may be his next stop, but we have to assume every Federation planet's a target." 

Looking up, Spock did a bit of a double-take when he noticed who was in the chair, obviously having not seen Kirk taking the position and had rather been focused on Vera on the chair's arm. His expression hardly showed his shock, though, as he continued pacing, a monotone voice demanding, "Out of the chair." 

Kirk begrudgingly did so, which left room for Vera to slide onto the soft cushioning, sighing at the relief from the hardened metal of the arm, which had been a difficult place to navigate in order to avoid accidentally pressing any buttons. The Cadet looked down at her, offended, as Vera simply waved up at Kirk with a cocky grin. He turned to Spock, "How come she gets to sit in the chair?"