One ounce

The Captain's table onboard ship

Lisa's pov

Mike saw me first when I approached the table.

"I thought you went back to your cabin since you weren't feeling well, sweetheart," he said hesitantly as he stood, knowing this couldn't possibly end well.

All the men stood and the waiter pulled my chair out.

"Will you be staying for dinner, miss?" he asked politely.

I looked at Shane and my cheeks flushed hot seeing the anger etched on his face. I know he's furious with me but I also know his course of action is limited because of our shared dining patrons.

"Yes, I'll be staying for dinner, thank you," I told the waiter.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, darlin'? If you don't feel well, you should go back to the cabin and rest." Mike seemed overly concerned about my health and welfare.

"I'm fine thank you," I replied curtly, taking my seat and placing my napkin on my lap. "I don't know why Shane would tell you otherwise."

Shane leaned over to whisper in my ear, "One ounce of disrespect and my Admiral's belt comes off."

I shuddered at his frigid tone, despite feeling his warm breath brush my ear. He pinched the back of my neck as a warning before rigidly sitting upright in his seat again.

For the most part, I kept my smart mouth and attitude in check through the rest of the meal, well the appetizers anyway.

Once Shane started wandering down memory lane, however, I couldn't help sighing and muttering, "Oh my God, here we go with the Navy stories again. Sure do love yourself some you. Don't ya Admiral?" I threw my napkin on the table and slumped down in my seat, remaining that way between the soup and salad courses. I was quiet during the main course but I may have been a tad impatient for dinner to end as I whined through ninety percent of the dessert course, repeatedly asking, "Can we go now?"

"It's may we and no, we may not," Shane hissed each and every time in response, while frowning in disappointment at my childish misbehaviour.

After we finished the interminable fifteen course dinner, Shane grabbed my arm as soon as we left the dining room.

Preventing my hasty exit, he sternly commanded, "You will spend the remainder of the evening in your cabin, Lisa Michelle. Am I clear? You have no idea how furious I am with you right now."

Jerking my arm from out of his grasp, I sneered, "Fine, whatever! I'd rather be alone than with you anyway!" I took off running down the stairs.

"LISA, GET BACK HERE!" I heard Shane shout, followed closely by the sound of footsteps as he chased after me.

Unfortunately, Shane caught up with me rather quickly since it's really hard to run in heels down open stairways when the ship is gently rocking from side to side.

"Don't you dare walk away from me when I'm speaking to you!" he growled, hauling me down to the landing halfway between decks four and five. Now that we were on somewhat solid ground in an empty stairwell, he took the opportunity to show his displeasure with my behaviour.

Bending me slightly at the waist, wrapping his arm around me, Shane bunched a fistful of fabric from my dress into his tightly clenched hand as he lifted the hem just above my butt. I shivered as a blast of air from the ship's cooling system hit my bare ass cheeks. My lacy blue thong provided no protection from the change in air temperature, or the slap of Shane's palm against my delicate pale skin.

"Let go of me, Shane!" I shouted, as I struggled to break his hold on me.

"Be grateful I'm not using my Admiral's belt." Shane landed a particularly severe slap across the center of my buttcheeks making them jiggle uncomfortably and his palm sting tremendously in the process. "I'm too upset with you right now to trust my level of restraint with an implement that can inflict an inordinate amount of pain in a very short time span."