Part 10 (Volume 2)

Kiyotaka POV

(A/N: This first part is basically just a recap of some of the events in LN 2 with a bit of retconning.)

For the next few days, a few things happened.

The morning after that Ichinose asked me to help her out with something. It turns out that I had gotten in the way of a confession. That was certainly a strange experience.

Then on the weekend, Kushida went and invited me to accompany Sakura because she broke her camera when she bumped into her. I was chosen because she thought I was the best choice as the others were busy or unreliable.

Another reason was that she thought I might be able to convince her to be a witness. I don't exactly know why she would think that I would, but it seems that I was standing out too much. After that, we managed to get Sakura's contact info, though i

To my surprise, Kushida said that Horikita was attending the trial. Hirata seems to have managed to convince Class D to allow her to participate.

On the day of the trial.

Sakura seems to have come forward to presenting a testimony. While this was happening, the rest of the group was remaining outside.

"Ayanokouji, do you think that Class D would win here?" Kanzaki asked.

"Personally no, but if they do their job right they would be able to stall it out."

"Looks like you had the same thoughts."

"It's fine. I told Kushida to not negotiate for a compromise."

"I see."

"Hey Hashimoto-kun, how did Ayanokouji convince you to help. Isn't this too much?" Ichinose posed a question.

I can only hope that Hashimoto could answer correctly. Saying that it was because we were friends would lead to doubts while saying it was because of Sakayanagi was going to make us look suspicious.

"It was because he owes me." I decided to speak up.

"What could he have owed you for him to go this far?" Kanzaki questioned.

"Well...This is embarrassing but... do you know that guy Kito?... I was nearly beaten up by him, but thankfully Ayanakouji managed to convince him not to."

He was quick in making an excuse. The others believed what he said. Looks like he can be sharp at moments too. Sakayanagi certainly has a useful pawn. Just as I was thinking that the doors seemed to have opened.

Horikita went out first then came to us, Sudou came next but since he was angry, he walked in a different direction. Sakura left the room crying while Kushida and Hirata were comforting her. Ishizaki and his group ignored everyone paying no attention. Clearly, they were given orders to not confront anyone.

"So, what were the results?" Kanzaki asked Horikita.

"We can only extend until tomorrow at 4:00 PM."

"I see so we should follow through with the strategy today." Hashimoto said.

"So who's going to confront them?"

"Me and Ayanokouji are out of the question, they'd be suspicious 'cause we're in Class A. Our classmates would be pissed at us if they knew we helped the lower classes."

"It shouldn't be Ichinose-san since she . Then, let me and Kanzaki-kun confront them." Horikita declared. Kanzaki agreed to her choice along with the others.

The next day.

The day after, we went to the special building to double-check things. As we did, Sakura approached us. She wanted to thank us for giving her courage in which she smiled cheerfully. Instead of responding as I should, it just gave me an ominous feeling.