Part 3 (Volume 1)

A/N: Well, since I'm not sure if I can post a part tomorrow. I'll just post this and another one will come later.

"Please enjoy your school life here Ayanokouji-kun...Still, I look forward to burying the false genius. Looks like I won't be bored after all." she said.

"Then let me ask you this. Can you bury me?"

She chuckled and smiled. "Sorry for laughing, but I didn't mean that as an insult. I know quite know how incredible you are. Look forward to this. I will fulfill my dearest wish to take down the masterpiece of your father."

I wanted that too. My defeat would mean that that man would lose. I truly hope that that wish would come true.

"I'll let you do as you please for now. Please enjoy your high school life." she stated.

She then changed the subject and we just talked about trivial things about this school life.

As lunch time ended and I went to my seat, my neighbour spoke up.

"What were you doing with her? Do you two know each other?" she questioned.

"No, I guess there was a connection between her and my father." I said without revealing too much.

"I see." She said and kept her silence.

Sakayanagi continued to invite me to lunch or to play chess at the library. Her skills are no joke. If we play 10 rounds it's not farfetched to have both of us tie. After 2 weeks, groups already began to form in the class. One led by Sakayanagi and the other by Katsuragi. As I was seen frequently in contact with Sakayanagi, I was assumed to be part of her faction. So Katsuragi inevitably approached me during a break.

"Are you really fine to how she operates the class? She just does as she pleases."

"Before you say anything, let me tell you that I will be impartial in this matter."

"But aren't you a supporter of Sakayanagi."

"No, I suppose we just had past ties."

"I see, then can I assume that you won't help either of us?"

"Sure. Leave me out of your conflict."

"But then are you saying that you won't help Class A?"

"I'll contribute in my own way at least." I said those words as I parted with him. He just nodded and left. He seemed to approach and talked to a student who was watching us from afar. I believe his name was Yahiko. It seems they were talking about me as I could see their glances towards my direction. After a while, they left.

Time Skip

Two more weeks have passed and the class seemed to be divided into two. Three, if you count me in. There is a slight tension in the class as both sides have differing opinions. Can this class really function well?

But something else was bothering me. I haven't made any friends. Aside from Sakayanagi, the only one I frequently interacted with was Kamuro. Since there were friend groups based on the factions. I couldn't help but feel more isolated.

I looked at my phone and it seems that private points have been given to us, but it seems to be less than 100,000 points. No one was really surprised by this as Class A already accepted the fact. The points given were still above 90,000 anyway. Since everyone brushed over the fact. The midterms are approaching and it seems that everyone thought to gain more than 100,000 points monthly after taking the exams head on.