Part 9 (Volume 2)

A/N: I know it's been a while since I've uploaded but that was because I had things to do But after tomorrow I'll be free and have nothing to do so expect faster updates or longer chapters

Kiyotaka POV

The next day has come and the group from yesterday has gathered albeit somewhat incomplete.

"Kushida, where are Hirata and Sudou?" I spoke up.

"They went and attended their clubs."

This is a problem. Not only is Sudou not around to mediate me with the group, but Hirata was also absent. I just hope that one of them could come up with a plan from my hints.

After about an hour of searching and we have not found anything. The heat was not helping our situation. Hashimoto blamed me for dragging him into this. We all met up dejected. But, Horikita still seemed to be following me...I sighed and decided to speak up.

"If you're going to keep hiding, then I'll just tell them you're there."

All of them seem confused at first, then they were shocked when Horikita came out of hiding. She glanced at me for a moment. Looking around, I felt that Kushida had a bewildered expression. Does she have a bad relationship with her?

"Horikita-san?" Kushida spoke.

"Eh? Is this your classmate?" asked Ichinose.

"Yes...but what are you doing here?"Kushida said.

"She's been following us since yesterday." I stated.

"Yesterday? Wait when did you notice?" Ichinose questioned.

"About halfway through our conversation. I just happened to notice her shadow. So, why were you following us?" I asked pretending not to know.

"*Sigh* I didn't come here to help. I just wanted to give you a piece of information. I have found a witness." She said glancing at me.

"Eh? Who? How?" Kushida reacted. The others seemed to have a similar reaction.

"Sakura-san." Horikita said irritated.

Was she irritated because of Kushida or because of what I did? The two girls were having a conversation while the rest of us just kept quiet and listened.

"Isn't she from our class? I think she's the very shy girl near Sudou. But how would you know that?"

"When you were having everyone pay attention to you in helping find a witness, everyone in the class was staring at you except her. She looked down instead. She should have some connection to the incident."

I see. She has great observational skills. She may pick up on what I am trying to get everyone else to figure out. She also seems to be analyzing the gathering of students. Not only me, but also Hashimoto, and Class B.

"I have no further business with you, so I'll be taking my leave." Horikita declared.

"Still, it seems that Class C really knows how to set a trap. They even did it in a place without cameras. To think that they would even be able to think in this heat."

"That's certainly true." retorted Kanzaki.

However, she didn't get it for now. She was too preoccupied probing us. Just as I said that my prayers have finally been answered. Ichinose has realized it.

"Hey, if this doesn't work then I think we have one more shot."

"What do you mean Ichinose-san?" asked Kushida.

"I have a backup plan of sorts. But I'm not sure if it will work. Let's just use it as a last resort."

"I see. So then should I start asking Sakura-san about the incident?" Kushida said.

"That would be helpful. Well, I suppose we should meet again tomorrow."

The following day.

Kushida had confronted Sakura, but she said that Sakura panicked and then escaped the situation immediately. Going back to the special building, me, Hashimoto, Ichinose, and Kushida remain of the group. We were double-checking for cameras since the heat yesterday was strong enough to make us miss possible spots.

"Hey Ayanokouji-kun, Hashimoto-kun, Ichinose-san, I have a question." Kushida stated.

"Why are you still helping out Class D? Isn't this a bit too much?"

"Not really, I just really wanted to help out. If Sudo-kun really did start the incident then I'll report him honestly."

"As expected of Ichinose-san. Then what about you Ayanokouji-kun? Hashimoto-kun?"

"Unfortunately, I'm just being dragged around by this guy." said Hashimoto while pointing his thumb at me.

I really wish he hadn't said those words. Now I look even more suspicious because I involved an unrelated party.

"I just wanted to help out the first friend I made here."

"You sure are dedicated to your friends Ayanokouji-kun" Ichinose retorted. Kushida nodded in agreement.

"Really? Isn't it normal to help out your friends?"

"You really are a kindhearted person Ayanakouji-kun." While Kushida said that, Hashimoto just stared at me with suspicion.

"I just did what I thought was right."

Suddenly when I was turning the corner, I bumped into an unexpected person.

"Sorry, are you okay?"

"Yes...Sorry...I was careless."

"Wait a minute, aren't you Sakura-san?" Kushida spoke up. Sakura just nodded shyly.

"In any case, what are you doing in a place like this?"

"Um...You see...I have a hobby of taking photos."

I see. So that's how she was involved in the incident. She probably witnessed it by accident, but if she was taking photos then she might have caught them in action. It would be a bit pointless, but just in case I tried interrogating her.

"Then did you happen to take a photograph of the incident here a while ago?"

"Umm..."

"It's okay. You don't have to force yourself to answer these things. Then, I guess we'll just see you around." I said as I walked away from her. The others soon followed after me. After a short silence, Hashimoto decided to speak.

"I didn't expect this. You surprisingly have a gentlemanly side." Hashimoto claimed. I just stayed quiet.

"But Ayanokouji-kun, was it alright that we just let go of a witness?" Kushida questioned.

"It would be counterintuitive if the student council sees that we forced a witness. Plus, her credibility would be questioned since she's from Class D. We should just go with Ichinose's plan."

After that, we left the special building. Kushida made a message group in which Ichinose texted the details of her plan. We went our separate ways and Hashimoto and I were left walking towards the dorm.

"Ayanokouji, to think that you would have thought that far that fast. You sure are a mystery."

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean the matter earlier. You just let go of the witness instantly with the full reasoning as to why. You also came up with most of the ideas for the group. I somewhat see why the princess is so interested in you."

"That reasoning just suddenly popped in my head when I was thinking about it hard."

"Didn't seem like it. Well anyways, see you later Ayanokouji."

I went directly to my room after parting ways on the elevator. I then looked at my phone and noticed that everyone has read and agreed to Ichinose's plan. As we were making preparations for the trap. Sudou's trial was about to begin.