Part 17 (Volume 4)

Kiyotaka POV

It was the next morning, the VIPs would be revealed at 8:00. Then after lunch would be the first meeting for all groups.

I woke up earlier than my roommates. I went to get to eat breakfast in the buffet. I saw a student looking particularly tired and seemed to also be alone.

"Good morning."

"What do you want?" Kamuro responded as if it was a natural reflex. Even I would be hurt by that.

"When did me interacting with you turn into me wanting something from you?"

"I assumed you would be the same as that loli."

Is she referring to Sakayanagi?

"Well, can I sit with you at this table?"

"Fine."

There was an awkward silence for quite a while. I guess there was only one topic I could freely use to initiate a conversation.

"So, what group are you a part of in the exam?"

"The Monkey group. So, what are you scheming?"

"What led you too that conclusion?"

"Aren't you going to try to win this special exam?"

"Sorry, but I can't do anything for the rest of the groups. Even I'm not sure if I could do something with my current group."

"So you're going to give up? Then what was the point of winning the island exam?"

"I plan to take this exam casually, I guess. Just think of the class points in the island exam as insurance so that we don't drop below the 1000 class points line. "

The truth is I actually did plan to take things casually. I have no control over my class which is the perfect reason I needed to not get involved. Now I just have to slowly fade out from being a hot topic. All I have to do is to make it seem like I am contributing.

As I was lost in thought for a bit, the time was now 8:00. All of the phones of the students present in the room rang simultaneously.

I see. I was not chosen as the VIP of the Dragon group. It would be ideal if the VIP turned out to be someone from Class A, but I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Kamuro had the exact same message displayed on her phone aside from the groupings being different.

I then received another message from Nishikawa on my phone asking if I was chosen as the VIP. I guess it's safe to assume she's not it either as she asked me first.

"Well I guess this is dissapointing. This limits the options I have of tackling the exam. Especially if the VIP is from another class."

"So what are you planning to do?"

"I'm afraid there's not much I can do."

I have absolute freedom. I can sit back and enjoy this cruise without a care and no one can complain about it.

"You're starting to look creepy again."

"That's hurtful. But for future reference, what made it seem like so?"

"I told you that I don't know. It's just a hunch."

...Arriving at this point again, a wall of silence was once again put up between us. Another surprise arrived in the form of a text coming from Nishikawa.

[Do you like art?]

[I guess. But why are you asking that suddenly?] I responded.

[Kamuro joined tha art club. They teach there the history of art and stuff.]