Part 18 (Volume 4)

Kiyotaka POV

A game of poker was what Ryuuen decided upon. Only a few students joined in this game. Nishikawa and me were the only ones that joined from Class A, while Katsuragi was just observing me.

"Oh? Katsuragi, why don't you join in? Have you admitted defeat?" Ryuuen provoked Katsuragi.

"I don't intend to interact with you or anyone. An action Class A would do might affect the outcome. I won't be as careless as I was on the island." Katsuragi replied.

"Kukuku, well aren't you blind? You've already lost Katsuragi. You lost full control over your class instantly. How pathetic."

Katsuragi was a bit angered by his comment but kept quiet.

The other participants from the other classes were Horikita and Kushida from Class D, Ryuuen was the lone participant from Class C, in contrast to Class B in which all the students from there joined.

Ryuuen participating alone would of course become a very attractive offer to the other students. He was bold enough to show us how much he had on hand, exactly 2,000,000 points. Winning against Ryuuen while having a significant fraction of the points on the table would be comparable to the amount of private points the VIP gains in certain outcomes.

Class D was conservative with players acknowledging that this might be a trap set by Ryuuen. Class B on the other hand, went with numbers to increase the probability of success.

Nishikawa: "Ayanokouji-kun, do you know how to play poker?"

Kiyotaka: "This version of poker is new to me. I know the rules, but I lack experience when playing this poker in general."

Poker is a game that is most dependent on the ability of a person when it comes to deceiving others. If one has the ability to know the probability of possible outcomes and pairings the cards in the center might form with the other players, it makes it easier to know if a person is bluffing or not. A perfect game for evaluating one's judgment.

As we didn't have any chips. We all just took note of the current amount of points we put on the table. A spectator from each class decided to oversee the game.

We arranged our chairs so that no people from the same class are adjacent to one another. Ryuuen was directly opposite to me.

In the middle of the first game, Ryuuen spoke up.

"Well then, who would like to take me up on my offer earlier." Ryuuen gave the question to the entire room.

"You're still going on about that? No one in their right mind would ally with you." Kanzaki responded to him.

"Kuku, I could offer a substantial amount of private points or take down their enemies if they wish."

"Really? Would you even have the capability to if the enemy is the greatest threat in this room?" Horikita was referring to me as she glanced in my direction.

"Relax. I could crush you and him if I felt like it."

"How arrogant. Your plans were shattered on the island." Kanzaki chimed in.

"So was everyone else's. To think there would be a guy who does things as I do. The rest of you trash might as well not exist." A large grin appeared on Ryuuen's face.

"You're underestimating those other people in this room." Horikita once again retorts.

"Am I really? Kukuku."

The rounds started and ended without much trouble. Observing him subtly, he was provoking everyone. That's why when the meeting, ended people were displeased with the result. He won three games out of seven.