Part 19 (Volume 4)

Kiyotaka POV

"Ayanokouji-kun, will you be participating in our plan?" asked the leader of Class B.

With her were Kanzaki and Horikita.

"Let me ask you something first. Why should I go along with your plan? I might have one of my own plans to execute."

"Then let us give you some information for your benefit. Ryuuen won't be going after Class A in this exam. He declared so himself. Both our classes are his target. He said he's saving both you and someone named Sakayanagi for last." explained Horikita.

"And how would you know if he was bluffing or not? There is no upside for me. However, that's why I would be putting in one condition. Give me one name of a VIP from one of your classes." I stated.

"That's just unreasonable. Why would we sacrifice one VIP for another? It would be pointless." Horikita retorted.

"Just think of it as a way to keep me in check."

"""Huh?"""

"You're saying some confusing things Ayanokouji-kun. Care to explain?" commented Ichinose.

"What I mean is, I will only eliminate that VIP from the contest. No one else from both your classes. Adding to that, I have some information myself that I can disclose. Class D would especially find this useful."

I pulled out my phone and showed them something.

"If you thought that I would turn back from my word,   here. I was recording our whole conversation. If you deem my information useless, then I'll help you in this exam unconditionally."

"What would you gain from this? Can we assume that you're targeting Ryuuen's class?" asked Kanzaki in quick succession.

"I'm trying to help your classes. I'm just simply collecting a fee."

They then decided together to give me the name of one of Class B's VIPs.

"Now, what is the information that we would benefit from, Ayanokouji-kun?" Horikita hurried me to speak out.

She seems extra stingy. The loss from the uninhabited exam seems to have affected her.

"There is a traitor in Class D."  They all were surprised to hear that.

"...What do you mean by that?" The representative of Class D was rightfully distraught by the notion of betrayal.

"It's exactly as I said, a person in your class has given a way for Ryuuen's class to obtain victory."

"How absurd. Who would be stupid enough to join hands with Ryuuen? He's the one who's the cause of Class D's problem. Then, there would always be the possibility of being stabbed in the back."

Kanzaki, who was still unable to believe my words, analyzed the traitor.

"Take it however way you want. I could put something on paper in case the information was wrong. Also, allow me to help you with...

Timeskip

"You're back. What took you so long?" Lying on my bed, in my room, Hashimoto spoke to me as I crossed his line of sight. On the adjacent bed, was Kitou, who laid in his bed silently, only giving a few glances and looks as if he wasn't particularly interested in our conversation.

"What are you even doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm bored and I have nothing to do. Well, there was my roommate who I followed around as he tried to pick up girls, but after a while, it was just sad."